2022 Offseason Thread

wallinder with a goal today.  he really just threw it at the net and the goalie was screened.  but a goal is a goal.  

kasper reminds me of larkin.  he looks very fast out there and gets back on defense.  looks good at carrying the puck into the zone too.  and feisty in front.  looks like a solid center.

detroit loses to dallas 5-4.  soderblum had a real good game.  he made some really nice passes that got guys wide open for goals.  lombardi played well too.  fast and physical.

not great from edvinsson.  a little too casual with the puck leading to some turnovers.  but he had one play where he had some room and skated up ice and broke into the zone.  lots of talent there.

no cossa today but bednar played really well.  he didnt give up a goal in the half game he played and faced a number of shots.

max's review in the atlantic was pretty much the same as i have said before, except he felt cossa did really well (i didnt see cossa today).

he wrote that hanas and soderblum were the best players and that soderblum's passing and stick work were top notch.  lombardi and kyrill the thrill were small but effective.  edvinsson was too languid at times, but showed the offensive upside that make him such a great prospect, but that he's going to need to pick up the tempo if he wants to make the big club this year.

wwp on the prospect tournament had pretty much the same opinions as others.

up: cossa, lombardi, hanas, soderblum

down: edvinsson

same: sebrango, johansson

interesting: biakabatuka

for a guy like yzerman who preaches compete level, its going to be hard to reward edvinsson with a spot on the nhl team if he continues to play like this.  like ive said, he looks very casual out there.  and that resulted in a lot of mistakes.  the skill level resulted in a lot of "wow" passes (especially on the power play), but also a lot if turnovers when he tried to be cute.

unless he picks it up i think he's destined to start in grand rapids.

2 hours ago, slothfacekilla said:

It is great to see the names of some guys who played hard at the prospect tournament on that list as invitees. 

Albert Johansson is a darkhorse to make this roster if they go with a young defender in my opinion, there's just something about him I love.

Daniella Bruce was high on Pontus Andreasson in a post today.

HOCKEY NEWS: JAKOB CHYCHRUN WANTS OUT OF ARIZONA BUT WHERE COULD HE GO?

Would you be in or out on Chychrun? If you're in, what are you willing to trade to get a 24 year old defenseman whose been a 40 point guy before? I think I'm probably out on this one because it seems the Coyotes would want a first round pick or a top prospect in return for him. While I like him as a player, he's not in the Johnny Hockey territory where I'd be willing to give up a lot to get him.

13 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

HOCKEY NEWS: JAKOB CHYCHRUN WANTS OUT OF ARIZONA BUT WHERE COULD HE GO?

Would you be in or out on Chychrun? If you're in, what are you willing to trade to get a 24 year old defenseman whose been a 40 point guy before? I think I'm probably out on this one because it seems the Coyotes would want a first round pick or a top prospect in return for him. While I like him as a player, he's not in the Johnny Hockey territory where I'd be willing to give up a lot to get him.

he would cost you two first round picks and simon edvinsson.