2022 Offseason Thread

2 hours ago, lordstanley said:

Exactly. I’m gunshy after the Tigers’ active offseason that seemed to advance them 

i trust yzerman a lot more than avila.

and in fairness, if the wings get as many injuries as the tigers, we'll be in for bedard.

(and then end up drafting 7th)

28 minutes ago, slothfacekilla said:

Scored this one on Cossa, his defense did their best to give him moving screens at multiple levels.  Canada's defense has been awful apparently.

that was bad defense.

he still should have stopped it, lol.

honestly, its good to see him playing on the first team.

Eh I'm not sure he even saw the shot before it was basically by him, the closer defender honestly looked like he was timing his movement in front of Cossa to do the most damage.  Though watching it back I am more inclined to agree with you.

Then the first goal Latvia scored against him was a gnarly deflection off his defender's stick, naturally the hfboards named him a bust because of it lol.  It is weird to me how hot some fans are to declare him a terrible pick.  Apparently Wallstedt let in some bad goals yesterday too, goalies just take time.  I hesitate to even post stuff about Cossa though it'll be interesting to see how his next season(s) go.

1 hour ago, slothfacekilla said:

Eh I'm not sure he even saw the shot before it was basically by him, the closer defender honestly looked like he was timing his movement in front of Cossa to do the most damage.  Though watching it back I am more inclined to agree with you.

Then the first goal Latvia scored against him was a gnarly deflection off his defender's stick, naturally the hfboards named him a bust because of it lol.  It is weird to me how hot some fans are to declare him a terrible pick.  Apparently Wallstedt let in some bad goals yesterday too, goalies just take time.  I hesitate to even post stuff about Cossa though it'll be interesting to see how his next season(s) go.

cossa is a project.  he's a big guy who needs to work on his craft.  he's going to take some time and that's ok.

btw, i didnt like the pick because it waa a goalie, but figured stevie knew what he was doing.  this is a long term play and its too early to say anything one way or another.

I originally wanted Wallstedt based on scouting reports but I had never seen either play so who knows.  Their goal tending prospects were pretty much non-existent so I was okay with taking a goalie high, just have to pray the development works out.  I think I read Cossa is still growing too so still getting used to that gangly body.

16 minutes ago, slothfacekilla said:

I originally wanted Wallstedt based on scouting reports but I had never seen either play so who knows.  Their goal tending prospects were pretty much non-existent so I was okay with taking a goalie high, just have to pray the development works out.  I think I read Cossa is still growing too so still getting used to that gangly body.

that's the thing, he's so big!  its going to take time for his coordonation to catch up to his body.

how is bednar doing?  he just lost to finland but at least he's playing.

10 minutes ago, buddha said:

that's the thing, he's so big!  its going to take time for his coordonation to catch up to his body.

how is bednar doing?  he just lost to finland but at least he's playing.

I've read that he's played well but gets a little lost moving around on his goals, I think they lost in a shootout today.  I really don't see a ton of footage on Bednar sadly, just comments here and there.  It seems like he's had some decent development in the Q and internationally so it'll be interesting to see if he can take any more steps and force his way into the Wings' plans at all. 

Looks like Downer Nilsson played wing on Frolunda's top line this morning, Kasper has been Rogle's 2C. Johannson is back with his SHL club which is great to see.

I'm hearing Viro has been virtually invisible at the WJC, guess it is good that he isn't making huge mistakes but I expected him to be a bit of a force this tourny.