2022 Offseason Thread

maybe its him recovering from food poisoning, but edvinsson has looked slow and off tonight.  wallinder got undressed by a finn in the 3rd.

neiderbach has been ok.

in fairness, finland can be a hard team to play against.

mazur was great the whole tourney.  cossa only played once and was just ok.  bednar wasnt anything to write home about.

His skating looked a bit weird to me in the little I saw, I thought he was injured outside of the food poisoning or whatever.  I was guessing some sort of groin issue.  I also wasn't very impressed with Sweden's coaching staff or forward group really.  Edvinsson wasn't getting any special teams play I believe, which seems odd.  He kept trying to force Andrae on the power play and it just....never worked.  Just go look at their 5 on 3 against Finland, what a joke!

It obviously isn't a "plus" but I'm not too worried about him not being super invested while sick/injured at a random rescheduled summer WJC where some top prospects didn't go and where his coach seemed in over his head.  If anything this tournament kinda makes me think Niederbach is a zero as a prospect...

Fun little assist from Wallinder:

I didn't watch a ton but from my limited viewings I would swap Sebrango and Wallinder in their groups, and swap Niederbach and Edvinsson in their groups.  But just my feeling on the prospects for sure.  I thought Sebrango was solid but it was about what I expected from what I saw.  I thought Wallinder played pretty well for a mess of a team, even with his flaws I thought he showed enough good to be mildly excited.  I'll be shocked if Niderbach ever plays in the NHL for more than a handful of games.  I see Wheeler's write up on Cossa calls out his goal given up over his shoulder, never mentions that it deflected off his defenseman's stick and wasn't aimed there originally.  It sucks he wasn't the guy for Canada but the kid is a project I'm fine giving him time.

On 8/22/2022 at 9:38 AM, slothfacekilla said:

I didn't watch a ton but from my limited viewings I would swap Sebrango and Wallinder in their groups, and swap Niederbach and Edvinsson in their groups.  But just my feeling on the prospects for sure.  I thought Sebrango was solid but it was about what I expected from what I saw.  I thought Wallinder played pretty well for a mess of a team, even with his flaws I thought he showed enough good to be mildly excited.  I'll be shocked if Niderbach ever plays in the NHL for more than a handful of games.  I see Wheeler's write up on Cossa calls out his goal given up over his shoulder, never mentions that it deflected off his defenseman's stick and wasn't aimed there originally.  It sucks he wasn't the guy for Canada but the kid is a project I'm fine giving him time.

And I'd be fine with that if Cossa had been a 2nd or 3rd round pick. But when you pick a goalie in the mid-1st round, I expect him to be an all-world monster at the junior level, even if 3 or 4 years away from the NHL.

1 hour ago, lordstanley said:

And I'd be fine with that if Cossa had been a 2nd or 3rd round pick. But when you pick a goalie in the mid-1st round, I expect him to be an all-world monster at the junior level, even if 3 or 4 years away from the NHL.

Maybe with Cossa the FO is thinking 'Ceilings, not floors.'