2022 Offseason Thread

6 hours ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Were I Yzerman I would inquire about Matthew Tkuchuk. He's the kind of offensive player that can really accelerate this rebuild. Not very many chances to get a 24 year old, legit 40 goal scorer, capable of getting 90-100+ points in a season. I would assume a trade involving Tkuchuk means at least a semi-rebuild is starting in Calgary.  I think the package I would initially offer would look something like this: . . .

Flames Get: Wings 2023 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Round Picks + Tyler Bertuzzi + Filip Hronek

Wings Get: Matthew Tkuchuk

Does that get it done? Too much, not enough?

I think the 3rd won't mean anything to them but take that out and add in Wallinder and another prospect they like and that gets the deal done.

But... Just guessing.

2 hours ago, Kacie said:

As if any conversation wouldn't start and end with Seider and Raymond.  

buffalo didnt have to give up their top prospects for eichel and the wings might not to get tkachuk.

but this is a pipe dream, he's not coming here.

5 minutes ago, Shinzaki said:

Vrana, Zadina, Wallinder, 2023 1st... 2024 2nd.  if they balk at Zadina and ask for Rasmussen...as much as I'd hate to because he turned a corner late last year, I would agree

would you give him 7 years at 10.5?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Shinzaki said:

Depends on what I gotta spend to keep Larkin...but I'm inclined to say yes.  If it comes down to keeping him over Bert...dump Bert.  It if comes down to keeping him over Larkin...that's a tough one

wd can afford larkin and tkachuk, but how does that affect the team if tkachuk is making 10.5 and larkin is making 8.75?

bert would be trade bait or maybe $6m?

if we deal for tkachuk i'd rather deal bert than vrana but bert's vax status makes that unlikely.

26 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

But we've had quite a few assholes on Red Wings teams in the past. Especially our winning teams.

We could make a list...

harold snepts?  gilbert delorme?  basil mcrae?

those are the first ones i remember, lol.

Wasn't Uwe Krupp considered an asshole? And so what if Tkachuk is an asshole, if he get 100+ pts and 40+ goals in a season, as long as he's not toxic in the locker room, who cares. No one will care what type of player Tkachuk is if he's raising and kissing the Cup in a winged wheel uniform.

Edited by Mr.TaterSalad

52 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Wasn't Uwe Krupp considered an asshole? And so what if Tkachuk is an asshole, if he get 100+ pts and 40+ goals in a season, as long as he's not toxic in the locker room, who cares. No one will care what type of player Tkachuk is if he's raising and kissing the Cup in a winged wheel uniform.

If Uwe Krupp is the bar then I think we actually did a great job of avoiding assholes over the years. He played 30 games with Detroit over 2 seasons.

Again, if Yzerman can get a good deal and he thinks it’s right then I’ll be reluctantly on board. I just don’t think that it’s Tkachuk or bust.

I would be super happy to have another win but Tkachuk would still be an asshole.

1 hour ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Uwe Krupp is an asshole for getting injured dogsleeding and lying about it, effectively stealing money from the Wings for nothing.  Odd example unless I'm not remembering other stuff haha.

I also dislike Tkachuk but would want him on my team even if he is an asshole/a bit of a baby.  Wings need good hockey players and at this point if a guy isn't committing crimes I'm on board.  He apparently turned down $11 million per year plus the captain's C from Calgary so I honestly think he's just forcing his way to St. Louis at this point.

However...

I believe these comments from Yzerman basically declare that he's not chasing Tkachuk (probably no Klingberg as well):

"While the excitement level is high in Hockeytown, Yzerman wants to be realistic when evaluating Detroit's rebuild.

"Time will tell," Yzerman said. "I'm optimistic that we're progressing, but the plan really hasn't changed. I'm sticking with what I intended to do - keep younger guys and be patient with them, keep our draft picks and continue to build this way."

Looking ahead, Yzerman added that he doesn't anticipate making further splashes in free agency but is "always looking at ways to get better."

"I don't have a blockbuster in the works or anything like that," Yzerman said. "I think we get through free agency and explore some teams that have to make moves in light of what's happened. I think it's important to keep looking around and keep communicating with other teams around the league to see if there's any potential fit, but I wouldn't expect me to announce any future signings."

But then again... check out that last bolded comment...

2 hours ago, Hongbit said:

Sucks for Huberdeau who goes from living in South Florida on a cup contender and playing on a line with one of the better Centers to a full rebuild in Calgary.  

I don’t think it is a full rebuild in Calgary. They are a better team today then they were yesterday morning and they play in the weakest division in hockey. If they are doing lousy this coming season they can rebuild by flipping Weegan and Huberdeau at the deadline. 

Edited by lordstanley

4 hours ago, lordstanley said:

I don’t think it is a full rebuild in Calgary. They are a better team today then they were yesterday morning and they play in the weakest division in hockey. If they are doing lousy this coming season they can rebuild by flipping Weegan and Huberdeau at the deadline. 

you would take huberdeau and weegan over tkachuk and gaudreau?

i think calgary did really well in the tkachuk trade if their goal was to be competitive next year.  but are they really better than last year?

and there will be a lot of pressure on them not to let this happen again next year, so they will be asked to either overpay huberdeau on term or trade him at the deadline lest they get nothing for him.