2022 Offseason Thread

stevie obviously wasnt happy with the players he inherited from kenny!  they went out and got a lot bigger and tougher and more defensive.  

say what you want about chiarot, but he's big and tough.  perron too.  maata is just a stop gap stay at home 3rd pairing guy.  remains to be seen if kubalik can score away from chicago.  copp is a solid defensive #2 center.

chiarot is overpaid and the deal is too long but yzerman must have felt the team really needed some veteran toughness.  no more having larkin having to fight or rasmussen having to look big and fall down.  they must be tired of being pushed around.

so who gets pushed out?  where is the place for zadina now?  

bert - larkin - raymond

perron - copp - vrana

kubalik - suter - zadina or bergren?  or ras?

• Thanks 1

After today's signings...I think Ras is the 3C.  I wonder if Stevie is looking to move anyone out?  

One thing is certain...the tank is over in Detroit.  Today's signings raise the expectations.  Maybe not mke the playoffs...but at least contend

Edited by Shinzaki

4 minutes ago, Shinzaki said:

After today's signings...I think Ras is the 3C.  I wonder if Stevie is looking to move anyone out?  

One thing is certain...the tank is over in Detroit.  Today's signings raise the expectations.  Maybe not mke the playoffs...but at least contend

they're gonna have a really hard time making the playoffs in the east.  edvinsson will have to be seider 2.0, larkin and bert career years...someone emerges out of nowhere....soderbloom?

2 minutes ago, buddha said:

they're gonna have a really hard time making the playoffs in the east.  edvinsson will have to be seider 2.0, larkin and bert career years...someone emerges out of nowhere....soderbloom?

Yeah no reason they can’t come 9th. But 8th is a big leap up - missed by 26 points this year. 

1 hour ago, Shinzaki said:

Chiarot/Seider will be a bear to match up with physically.   Perron should boost the PP.

I think Stevie wants to be in the playoff chase

Needed a R-shot (Perron) forward, as well.

If Edvinsson makes Detroit that would be Seider-Edvinsson.

But Hronek needs a serious defensive D'Man for help as well.

I don't know about this year... but in the next 2-3 years there's going to be some serious shuffling of our blueliners. Out of our existing corps... I see only Seider as in a safe position...

4 minutes ago, AlaskanTigersFan said:

How many of these guys will be trade bait when the rookies are ready to come up? I think thats what yzer was thinking too....

That... and he wants rookies to push vets out the door, rather than default into a position 'cause we got nothing there... definitely on board with that.

4 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

I don't get what signing Perron at 34 does for us unless we're trying to win now next year. Perron seems like he is primed for a big drop off in production.

I think what I just said; in addition to what MCS just said...

Edited by 1984Echoes

1 hour ago, slothfacekilla said:

4 years, $4.75 per for Chiarot, I hate it!

Were this Kenny I'd probably be trashing it a lot more haha. I am going to give Stevie some slack, but this is not the defenseman I would have signed and not the length of contract I would have given out. If we couldn't have gotten Chariot for any less on any shorter of a deal than I would have passed on him altogether.

22 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Perron seems like he is primed for a big drop off in production.

I don’t see this at all. I see him scoring between 20-25 goals and helping improve the PP.    He will be a great veteran leader in the room as well.    2 year term is perfect.  I’d have concerns for any longer.  

Edited by Hongbit

40 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Were this Kenny I'd probably be trashing it a lot more haha. I am going to give Stevie some slack, but this is not the defenseman I would have signed and not the length of contract I would have given out. If we couldn't have gotten Chariot for any less on any shorter of a deal than I would have passed on him altogether.

what defenseman would you have signed and for what money?

manson got as many years and as much money to stay in colorado.

ian cole?