2022 Offseason Thread

2 minutes ago, AlaskanTigersFan said:

So, with Kasper...... 7 Goals in 40 games..... Thats bad isn't it?

I mean it isn't "good" per se but he's a teenager playing against grown men in one of the toughest leagues in the world to generate offense.  The fact that he played 46 games on Rogle at all means he's a really solid player.  Lucas Raymond scored 4 goals in 33 games his draft season and then 6 goals in 34 games the next season for some SHL context.

“This season, he’s been a mainstay in the league, playing 40 games and scoring six goals and nine points, which places him second among all U18 players, third among U19 players, and eighth among U20 players. He was also a huge part of Rögle’s Champions League team, scoring six points in 12 games.”

1 minute ago, AlaskanTigersFan said:

I would just think like, 30 Goals in 40 games or something would be "good". But I don't know a lot about NHL or let alone prospects. I'll take ya'lls word for it.

Only one player in the entire league he played in scored 30 goals last season (that player is 8 years older than Marco).  If a draft eligible player could score 30 goals in a SHL season they would probably be the first overall pick haha.  It just isn't your typical junior league but a real pro league where a player has to play a complete game against men.

5 minutes ago, AlaskanTigersFan said:

I would just think like, 30 Goals in 40 games or something would be "good". But I don't know a lot about NHL or let alone prospects. I'll take ya'lls word for it.

Playing against grown men, quite a bit less than that...

But playing against his same age: 45 goals in 66 games...

We'll see how he does when he grows - age-wise - into the Swedish League, at Grand Rapids, and with Detroit in a couple years...

Also: Another point of context:

He was 16 years old when he started playing with Rogle (Swedish men's professional league) with 10 games. At 17 he played 58 games (including the Championships) and scored 9 goals.

I don't know how good he'll turn out to be... but this is an "In Yzerplan I trust" selection and... maybe he turns into another Seider (makes leaps & bounds as his age catches up with the leagues he'll be playing in...). Especially when he hits the NHL...

A lot of projection in there because he won't have played a lot of minutes on the men's team. That's why it has to be "trust the Yzerplan"...

I liked Savoie because he had the playing time to show what he was: fast, aggressive, offensively explosive... Easy to picture him as a #2 Center.

Kasper is harder to see because of the limited playing time/ all projection...

Does he turn into another Larkin? A two-way playmaking 2C? Or less than that (3C or other...)?

Much harder to see what will happen here...

15 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

A lot of projection in there because he won't have played a lot of minutes on the men's team. That's why it has to be "trust the Yzerplan"...

I liked Savoie because he had the playing time to show what he was: fast, aggressive, offensively explosive... Easy to picture him as a #2 Center.

Kasper is harder to see because of the limited playing time/ all projection...

Does he turn into another Larkin? A two-way playmaking 2C? Or less than that (3C or other...)?

Much harder to see what will happen here...

Yzerman has drafted a lot of size. Even though Savoie is basically Yzerman's size (5'9" 179), Kasper is five inches taller (6'2"). And comparing him to current NHL players it looks like Savoie is likely to top out not much more than his current weight but Kasper (at 187) may top 200 lbs before his development is done. 

In three years the Red Wings will be a very punishing team to play against.
image.png.5eb41d4511db88457a0b19b31b135cc1.png

7 minutes ago, Jason_R said:

Yzerman has drafted a lot of size. Even though Savoie is basically Yzerman's size (5'9" 179), Kasper is five inches taller (6'2"). And comparing him to current NHL players it looks like Savoie is likely to top out not much more than his current weight but Kasper (at 187) may top 200 lbs before his development is done. 

In three years the Red Wings will be a very punishing team to play against.
image.png.5eb41d4511db88457a0b19b31b135cc1.png

they need it.  they were bullied a lot last year.