2022 Offseason Thread

Buffalo also has some interesting prospects I wouldn't mind moving Bert for any of their assets there.

Matthew Tkachuk is apparently in play to get traded at the draft here as well, I know Montreal is shopping Anderson too.  A couple guys that play similar games could make it tough to get a good return here.

12 minutes ago, slothfacekilla said:

Buffalo also has some interesting prospects I wouldn't mind moving Bert for any of their assets there.

Matthew Tkachuk is apparently in play to get traded at the draft here as well, I know Montreal is shopping Anderson too.  A couple guys that play similar games could make it tough to get a good return here.

that sucks.  but there are a lot of teams that cant afford tkachuk that might be interested in bert cause bert would be a much cheaper option than tkachuk.

if youre toronto, how do you get tkachuk?  you really cant.  but if you movr mrazekk, maybe a prospect and maybe a pick you can get bert.

who knows.  we (meaning me) focus in on detroit more than anyone else, but there are lots of other teams with some cap space and some vets who can make these trades too.

1 minute ago, slothfacekilla said:

I think Frank Nazar would be an interesting name to keep in mind for the Wings' pick tonight too.  He seems to have a really intriguing offensive game... I wonder how Yzerman and company view him.

the league consensus on nazar is all over the map, from 5th to 25th.  he's small but fast.  some say he has high compete, some say he doesnt.

prashanth had him to the wings at 8.  lots of people do.  i think i'd rather have savoie, but if they picked nazar i'd be fine with it.  they need speed.

22 minutes ago, buddha said:

the league consensus on nazar is all over the map, from 5th to 25th.  he's small but fast.  some say he has high compete, some say he doesnt.

prashanth had him to the wings at 8.  lots of people do.  i think i'd rather have savoie, but if they picked nazar i'd be fine with it.  they need speed.

I completely missed that Prashanth mocked him to the Wings, or maybe I saw it and now my brain is trying to pass it off like an original thought haha.  I have seen Nazar all over rankings, Elite Prospects had a nice video breakdown of some of his offensive play and he definitely intrigues me.  I think the Wings will be able to get a player with some great offensive skill at the very least and if one of the best D drop to them then that works too haha.

35 minutes ago, slothfacekilla said:

I think Frank Nazar would be an interesting name to keep in mind for the Wings' pick tonight too.  He seems to have a really intriguing offensive game... I wonder how Yzerman and company view him.

I'd rather have Gauthier or Kasper, but they may not make it to them, but if they don't, then one of the "top five" may drop. should be interesting.

6 minutes ago, Longgone said:

I'd rather have Gauthier or Kasper, but they may not make it to them, but if they don't, then one of the "top five" may drop. should be interesting.

I think Gauthier will be gone by the Wings pick for sure.  Kasper I have no idea what to think to be honest.

any interest in debricat or dach?  hawks looking to move both.

debrincat will cost a ton.  hawks supposedly want a top 15 pick for dach....which, i'm sure they do!  

buffalo might be a good spot since they have multiple first rounders.

If a D'Man falls to us I'd want it to be Nemec more than Jiricek. But I doubt either falls that far.

I've seen Lekkerimaki also mocked to Detroit. High-end offensive skill.

Still, amongst the choices who realistically may fall/ be available to the Wings, amongst: Gauthier, Savoie, Lekkerimaki, Kasper, Nazar ...

It's Savoie I want most.

The rest are mostly tied. Including the defenseman after Nemec and Jiricek are gone.

2 minutes ago, Shinzaki said:

Who Chicago jump us to grab?

anyone.  they're desperate for talent and just beginning a long, long rebuild.

either jersey didnt want debrincat or werent willing to give up #2 (or maybe any more than #2) to get him.

49 minutes ago, slothfacekilla said:

I like that trade for Ottawa a lot.  Maybe he doesn't re-sign but that's a great addition for largely question mark draft picks. 

I hope the Wings don't trade for Dach he seems like a bust.

certainly not #8.

i'd trade them zadina and a third.  but of course, that wont get it done.