2022 Offseason Thread

Well so far i love this Russian pick, seeing some Panarin and Kucherov comps

James seems like a Draper Mazur-like pick, hopefully he develops a bit at North Dakota but this pick kinda worries me

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-hockey/dylan-james-is-unds-top-nhl-draft-prospect

So far:

1st #8 - C Marco Kasper, 6'1 Left
-----------------
2nd #40 - LW Dylan James, 6'0, Left
2nd #52 - W Dmitri Buchelnikov, 5'9 Right (Capitals pick from Mantha-trade)
-----------------
3rd #73 --> Traded for G Ville Husso. (STL drafted C Aleksanteri Kaskimäki)
-----------------
4th #105
4th #113 (Vegas-pick, traded for 2020 5th, selected G Jesper Vikman 125.overall)
4th #129 (Colorado-pick, traded for Patrik Nemeth at 2021 deadline)
-----------------
5th #137
-----------------
6th #169 --> Traded away for C Mitchell Stephens.
-----------------
7th #201
7th #212 (Los Angeles -pick, traded for Troy Stecher at 2022 deadline)

1 hour ago, slothfacekilla said:

Husso - Ned should be a solid tandem (hopefully)

I like the Husso move.  He’s got a high upside.

I’m still confused about Ned.   Is he a league average GK or is there something much better there.  He had some nice stretches and some completely awful ones.  Not sure how much weight to give it since the atrocious defensive prowess playing in front of him.  Time will tell but like adding Husso to create competition. 

1 hour ago, slothfacekilla said:

I have no idea who these players are but the Russian the wings took sounds intriguing

There were many teams that dropped all the Russians down their boards and some entirely off it.  The recent issues that have come up with army responsibilities that have been ignored in the past are a potential concern.   Nobody is sure even if the veteran Russian players that went home for the summer will have issues when they try to leave.  This should create nice later round value for teams like the Wings that don’t care are willing to get value and wait until these tensions pass.  

12 minutes ago, slothfacekilla said:

Reading about Anton Johansson, he's super intriguing too.  Big, apparently can skate pretty well.  He's young and already had a few games in the SHL.  If Hakan likes him then I like him!

him and the other 4th round swede are both intriguing.

1 hour ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Ville Husso?     Man, he's Tim Cheveldae for the 21st Century.   He's a bum.    Horrible move by Yzerman.  

Maybe, but both he and Ned were a tale of two goalies. Ned has one year left and Cossa is two seasons away at minimum. And what are the odds a third round pick will make an NHL roster? Slim, but there is a 100% chance that Husso will play next season. 

5 minutes ago, Jason_R said:

Maybe, but both he and Ned were a tale of two goalies. Ned has one year left and Cossa is two seasons away at minimum. And what are the odds a third round pick will make an NHL roster? Slim, but there is a 100% chance that Husso will play next season. 

I was just joking............I was bored. 

• Thanks 1

Are the Wings going to sign a good Free Agent or is this another wait and see year from another one of our teams?    Sorry, to me if this team is not in the playoff picture with 2 weeks to play in the season then the season is a failure.   Enough already.   I don't need another season of C-level free agents.  Go and get someone exciting and  good. 

14 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Are the Wings going to sign a good Free Agent or is this another wait and see year from another one of our teams?    Sorry, to me if this team is not in the playoff picture with 2 weeks to play in the season then the season is a failure.   Enough already.   I don't need another season of C-level free agents.  Go and get someone exciting and  good. 

Nope.   In order to be in the playoff picture that means being 4th in the division.  The reality is they are multiple top players away from being able to be better than Florida, Tampa Bay, Boston, and Toronto over the course of a season.   I also think Ottawa is a little ahead in the rebuild and Montreal is better than they showed last year.    The playoffs are still a few seasons away.