9/24 @ 7:10 Detroit Tigers vs Kansas City Royals

Tigeraholic1

I found it interesting when Niko -- being upset with himself for getting thrown out to the point where he demonstrably slammed something (a baby, possibly) to the ground in the dugout.  That might be career pressure, actual internalized pressure, or the crowd getting to the team.  When we start to play in front of larger home crowds its going to be interesting to see if we tighten up.  

It reminded me of how Boston guys would play to the crowd to show they were upset and really trying hard and have moxie, etc.

I thought Shep and Morris were especially hard to take last night.  It was painful!.  Morris needs to remember he is not a Journalist and stop trying to be one when interviewing people like Avila.  He asks the dumbest questions.  I think Al could make a blockbuster move by trading both these guys for a part time hot dog vendor.  It would be a huge win for the Tigers.

On 9/24/2021 at 3:40 PM, IdahoBert said:

WJR came in loud and clear where I lived in northeastern Indiana. So too did CKLW from Windsor. Although I didn’t care I didn’t really pick up Chicago radio other than WLS. I just loved getting one over on the ‘rents as a kid by listening to those games from WJR on my transistor radio under the covers after midnight.

I was just NE of you in Hillsdale county in the early 1950's with WJR and Van Patrick. Great memories with Frank Lary the Yankee killer.

• Like 1