07/04/2022 1:10 EDT Cleveland Guardians at Detroit Tigers (Doubleheader Game 1)

casimir

23 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

I think drafting is His strong point. If he would have stayed in that role and Illitch hired an actual GM things might be different.

Drafting is a different skill set from other GM duties.  Drafting requires good scouting and doing the work to determine the order in which players should be drafted. Trading requires more negotiation and deal making which someone might not be good at even if they know who to target.  This is an oversimplification, but I can definitely see where someone could be competent in one and incompetent in the other.  

• Thanks 1

Just now, RandyMarsh said:

Looks like Chafin is coming in, as good as Hill has looked it's probably the right call. It's a tough task facing Ramirez for the 3rd time. 

I think that right there is what would give me pause.

Then again, pitching to Ramirez is a tough ask to begin with.  The odds are probably best served not giving him that 3rd look at a pitcher.

This game is not available in my area.        WHAT?   It's BALLY SPORTS DETROIT !   HOW IS THIS NOT AVAILABLE IN MY AREA.............THEN WHAT DID I PAY FOR AND WHY COULD I WATCH ALL WEEKEND? 

Or is this because it's a make up game that was supposed to be played before they had the streaming service, and that's why I can't watch?        

Major League Baseball..............why are you so fucking stupid.......................You don't make your product HARDER to access. 

The people running this sport, man.  You talk about stupid. 

8 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

In retrospect, no... Hill exceeded expectations with his performance, and AJ like selling out for Game 1 of the DH

Can’t blame Hinch for trying to win the game at hand.

Hill’s pitch count was good.  If not for Ramirez and Naylor, I’d have felt more comfortable about sending him out there in the 7th.

Sure would be nice to have more than a single run lead.

Edited by casimir

1 minute ago, RandyMarsh said:

Damn Riley just missed that one but considering he was down in the count I'll settle for the sac fly to advance the runner to 3rd. 

Well, it would have been nice to have WCastro driven in the run there.   Now we need a wild pitch. 

Just now, romad1 said:

Well, it would have been nice to have WCastro driven in the run there.   Now we need a wild pitch. 

Which is possible because Baez will get a steady diet of balls so far out of the strike zone that Schoop will be able to steal from 3rd.