07/04/2022 1:10 EDT Cleveland Guardians at Detroit Tigers (Doubleheader Game 1)

casimir

4 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Kinda funny story, I went to Jacob Turner's debut(the game before the infamous Guillen/Weaver game) and I didn't realize I was sitting right infront of Jacob's family. Anyway Turner was looking so so and my friends and I were like "He doesn't look like a top prospect to me" among other somewhat negative comments. Then we see a cameraman and Chris Rose(it was a national fox broadcast) park in the aisle next to us and start interviewing his family. We immediately turned around and apologized to them if they overheard us talking about him and the Dad was like "No worries, I thought he looked bad too." lol

I feel bad for the families during these debuts.  They just want to watch their son/brother/grandson play. They’re probably nervous enough to begin with.  Then they get a camera jammed in their face.

4 minutes ago, chasfh said:

I vote luck. If Avila knew enough of what he was doing to earn credit for it, he wouldn’t have gotten pantsed on so many drafts, trades, and free agent signings. 

I think drafting is His strong point. If he would have stayed in that role and Illitch hired an actual GM things might be different.

3 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

I should knock on wood before typing this but Willi seems to be getting more comfortable in the OF. He's getting a lot better jumps then before. 

That was mentioned in another thread yesterday.

Then the Turning the Corner podcast mentioned it this morning (or yesterday when they were taping it).

🤔

Hill needing only 64 pitches to get through 5 so far.

If you’re managing, is the bullpen throwing yet?  I’m granting him the 6th.  If runners get on, then I’d call down there.  But I want to see him in the 6th and he has a chance for the 7th at this point.

20 minutes ago, casimir said:

I feel bad for the families during these debuts.  They just want to watch their son/brother/grandson play. They’re probably nervous enough to begin with.  Then they get a camera jammed in their face.

I can't remember who the player was, but I remember seeing a clip of them doing one of these interviews and the players dad was just completely wasted.

6 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I can't watch this game because Bally's has the wrong Zip Code for me.    And I can't change it to the right one

It wants to know my cable provider.   I have the streaming service because I don't have cable.  ITS THE REASON I SIGNED UP FOR THE STREAMING SERVICE !!!!!!!!!!!

This is the chief selling point for VPNs.

5 minutes ago, casimir said:

Hill needing only 64 pitches to get through 5 so far.

If you’re managing, is the bullpen throwing yet?  I’m granting him the 6th.  If runners get on, then I’d call down there.  But I want to see him in the 6th and he has a chance for the 7th at this point.

He absolutely should get to start the 7th at this point

5 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I can't watch this game because Bally's has the wrong Zip Code for me.    And I can't change it to the right one

It wants to know my cable provider.   I have the streaming service because I don't have cable.  ITS THE REASON I SIGNED UP FOR THE STREAMING SERVICE !!!!!!!!!!!

I've had issues with both Bally and Fox apps where they put me in a completely different market for some reason.

Just now, TigerNation said:

I've had issues with both Bally and Fox apps where they put me in a completely different market for some reason.

Was this the algorithm assessing your other search and cookie history and assuming you were from [insert comedic geographic location]?

6 minutes ago, romad1 said:

Was this the algorithm assessing your other search and cookie history and assuming you were from [insert comedic geographic location]?

It's telling me my Zip Code is 48120.......................and that doesn't match their records. BECAUSE AT NO POINT DID I SAY I WAS IN 48120..............BUT I CAN'T FUCKING CHANGE IT