Kerry: 184*

Haase: 161

Tucker: 137

Greene: 122*

Kreidler: 110*

Reyes: 109

Javy: 97

* Hopeful signs for next year?

Haase will hopefully continue to be a nice semi regular.

Tucker should be gone.

Reyes should be a 4th OF at best.

Javys 97 could be his new normal.

Jeimer has been terrible the last 30 days (77), but thanks to his post-ASB surge in July, his post-ASB wRC+ is 109.  I dont hold out much hope in him.

Harold has been poor since the ASB (84).  Probably reality setting in, but he can be a nice bench player even if he doesnt hit very well.

I’m Ok with Victor and Harold as bench players again.  But that should mean 150-200 AB’s, tops.  Candy maybe stays as backup 1B/3B, though Schoop could also serve in that capacity, too. Can’t see a new GM keeping both. Please make Barnhart go away.

Will be interesting to see what they do with Austin Meadows.  They certainly can’t count on him.  The only OF that seems certain is Greene.  Then you have some combination of Meadows, Baddoo, Carpenter, Willi C. and Cameron. This group is too risky to fill two spots. Would they non-tender Meadows—would probably face some backlash given his mental health issues.

10 minutes ago, SoCalTiger said:

If nothing else it will be interesting to see what the new GM does. He won’t be connected to these players and therefore objectively evaluating them. Doing so should result in significant change in personnel. 

Agree.  However his hands are a bit tied—too many injured players and poor performers.  Not much the new GM has in trade capital.  

38 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

To me, Meadows is the toughest call. You have no idea what you really have. 50/50 whatever you decide, you end up wrong.

If I'm reading this right, Meadows is on a $4M contract this season with two arbitration years left.  They still need offense, and he has shown that he can provide that at the MLB level.  It is a tough call in terms of roster maintenance, but what kind of contract could we expect for season through arbitration?  What is the working relationship among player, agency, and the Tigers (who are still lacking an official GM)?  Obviously money plays a hand in contracts, but I wonder if this is an occasion where it isn't as much of a primary driver?

Heck, Meadows may be considering walking away from the game for all we know.  It wouldn't be the first time a major league player did so for reasoning that they saw fit.

My gut is that whoever they hire, they arent gonna let Meadows walk. Too much upside offensively. And Tigers fans shouldn't be rooting for that outcome either as it opens up (yet another) hole to fill.

Unless as Cas suggests he wants to leave on his own terms. But that's a different ball of wax altogether 

I don’t think Meadows will leave of his own accord because he is still hanging out with the team, or at least he said he would in the statement his camp released. I would think if he’s burning out on the game altogether, he’d be off by himself dealing with his issues. He’s going to any least try to have a spring training next year.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, chasfh said:

I don’t think Meadows will leave of his own accord because he is still hanging out with the team, or at least he said he would in the statement his camp released. I would think if he’s burning out on the game altogether, he’d be off by himself dealing with his issues. He’s going to any least try to have a spring training next year.

I agree, I don't see him retiring.

44 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

My gut is that whoever they hire, they arent gonna let Meadows walk. Too much upside offensively. And Tigers fans shouldn't be rooting for that outcome either as it opens up (yet another) hole to fill.

Unless as Cas suggests he wants to leave on his own terms. But that's a different ball of wax altogether 

Would you count on him to be one of the three starting outfielders next season?  Because that is the decision that has to be made.  It’s really not about his contract, which is team-friendly.

52 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

It's probably a very remote possibility.  I know Jim Eisenreich walked away and came back.

21 minutes ago, Tenacious D said:

Would you count on him to be one of the three starting outfielders next season?  Because that is the decision that has to be made.  It’s really not about his contract, which is team-friendly.

I dont really accept the premise that his contract isn't relevant to the discussion.

But the best version of the 2023 Detroit Tigers has Austin Meadows on it and producing. So, yes.

• Like 1

I know this horse is beaten, dead, buried, and forgotten, but I would still be giving Alexander's starts to Norris. Of course they've made sure it's too late to do that now by not keeping Daniel stretched out. You can try 16 ways to Sunday to persuade yourself it's not, but it will remain true that Tyler Alexander does not have MLB starting stuff.

Edited by gehringer_2

6 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

I know this horse is beaten, dead, buried, and forgotten, but I would still be giving Alexander's starts to Norris. Of course they've made sure it's too late to do that now by not keeping Daniel stretched out. You can try 16 ways to Sunday to persuade yourself it's not, but it will remain true that Tyler Alexander does not have MLB starting stuff.

I agree.

8 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

Patience.  Norris might be tossing multiple innings before this game is done.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

Also agree and as you have also said repeatedly Norris can not pitch in relief. So duh switch them ??

17 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

Ladies and Gentlemen, Brady Singer: The healthy guy we passed on to take Mize.

/....sigh..../

Mize was a defensible pick, given he was considered the consensus 1/1 can’t-miss pick by practically everyone.

Come back in four years and let’s talk about taking Jackson Jobe over Marcelo Mayer.