2022-23 Detroit Tigers Offseason Thread

chasfh

1 hour ago, chasfh said:

Is it more a letter of intent that prevents him from seeking employment elsewhere before the arbitration process has been completed?

pretty much. It opens a window for which arbitration may be, but doesn't not have to be the last act. The tender means the team has exercised their right under the CBA to keep the player and that both the team and player accept an obligation to agree to an arbitrators decision on $ value if they cannot mutually agree to a contract value before then. 

Edited by gehringer_2

i got a sort of long survey from the tigers today, asking about all kinds of topics.  it asked what i thought about the radio and tv broadcasts, the in-park experience, food, parking, and the district detroit.  one of the questions was something like, what would make you come to more games?  one response (chosen by yours truly) was a winning team.  

43 minutes ago, theroundsquare said:

i got a sort of long survey from the tigers today, asking about all kinds of topics.  it asked what i thought about the radio and tv broadcasts, the in-park experience, food, parking, and the district detroit.  one of the questions was something like, what would make you come to more games?  one response (chosen by yours truly) was a winning team.  

Please tell me you trashed Shep?!?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Tenacious D said:

Please tell me you trashed Shep?!?

I did. 

I neglected to mention that among the questions about the experience of Comerica Park, there was nothing in the survey suggesting moving the fences.  There were questions about music, the video board, and other activities in the park.  There was also a question that said something like, what other parks have you visited and what did you like best about your favorite one.

48 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

So, infielders can not shift like they used to shift, but outfielders can.  Interesting concept.

interesting speculation, but if you beat an IF shift it's going to be worth one base. If you beat an OF shift it's probably going to be two. That is a lot more incentive and on first take I would guess would probably change batters' approach in a way the IF shift didn't.

9 minutes ago, LongLiveMaroth said:

Just a quick look it looks like they represent Goldschmidt,  Schwarber, Kyle Tucker, Dansby Swanson, Springer as a few. Not sure if there are any FA that they represent that are out there now though. 

At least among those who would make sense, AJ Pollock and Edwin Rios are with Excel. (Pollock probably more worthy of a "sweetheart" deal, although I do think Boyd/Lorenzen aren't steep overpays either way).

I suspect I'd take that account with a million grains of salt though

Edited by mtutiger

25 minutes ago, Toddwert said:

who is a excelsm client?

Brandon Belt and A.J. Pollock are Excel clients. Both of them would technically fill a need expressed by Harris. 1/12 would be an overpay for either of those guys. I would not recommend either.

Edited by chasfh