December Game Threads

lordstanley

6 hours ago, slothfacekilla said:

Did Manning and Jeff Daniels just transfer it from the Lions to the Wings?

Well, since the Lions are the one team down there with no direct link to the Illitches, I think they are free of that curse.   The Bobby Curse may still be alive, however.   We'll know in the next three weeks.  

7 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

shopping Czarnik?

I think Czarnik just cleared waivers so I doubt anyone would give up anything of value for him because he makes less thank $800k so it isn't his contract.  They kept him up and played him even though he cleared.  My best guess is that he's skating hard so Lalonde doesn't want to scratch him.  Elmer hasn't played a NHL length schedule in his career yet so it could make sense to manage his workload but I thought he looked fine the previous game from what I saw.

I'm feeling a bit anxious regarding the Wings, I wonder how Yzerman is viewing this season after making offseason moves to contend for the playoffs a bit.  Does he ship off assets to get value for them while the team seems to be stalling or does he bring in more help?  Guys coming back from injuries are our acquisitions?  Wings have been awful at 5 on 5 for the most part lately so something has to give.