December Game Threads

lordstanley

6 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

Edvinsson's results are captive to the fact that GR is pretty terrible right now. His +/- is negative but only 5 below the team lead. And among D men his 10 pts is one behind McIssac - 4yrs his senior, and Kempfer - a 34 yr old journeyman. He's doing fine.

"he's going fine" on a bad ahl team is not a ringing endorsement.

9 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

are you looking for him to lead the league in scoring? Seider played 49 games at GR, 22pts and a -5. Granted he was a year younger, but then again no-one expects to Edvinsson to equal Seider -- hoping for at least a 2nd line level, but asking for another ROK is little much. 

Did you mean Rookie of the Year or Republic of Korea?

I'm uncertain here...

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

Did you mean Rookie of the Year or Republic of Korea?

I'm uncertain here...

LOL, stupid fingers. K to Y isn't even that close. I guess that was the brain starting out to say 'Rookie of the Year" and the fingers saying - 'this here 'k' is enough mate'

Edited by gehringer_2

4 minutes ago, Shinzaki said:

That goal the other night by Ras was a pretty nifty play for a guy who's as big as he is

Yeah - I think Ras' stock is really rising. He's not only playing better but becoming a leader on the ice defending his mates and I was impressed the other night when he tried to save an empty netter for Larkin. Larkin signalled him to just take it but it was nice team sentiment.