December Game Threads

lordstanley

49 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

Win of the year even though  3rd period was TB 27-7 SOG domination. Wings have refused to allow lengthy slumps develop this season.  

4-2 final. 

Still have forwards going passive in the defensive zone, and I'm still waiting to see Walman actually show some the skating he is supposedly so noted for.  But even given that, we now have maybe 6 forwards on a given night playing at an NHL level instead of 2 or 3, Maata has been great, Chariot OK, and Hronek playing like a new man the quality of the D core is up by at least 100%. Bummed Solderblom is not back yet though.

Team could also crash over the goalie situation if Nedeljkovic can't get going a little before Husso inevitably cools off. 

Edited by gehringer_2

16 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

funny we are talking about Berggren and then he goes out there and  was probably the best Wings player on the ice tonight.

I love how he's playing, that tip was really a beauty.  He still has some lapses now and then but he's added much needed skill and IQ to the fourth line.

15 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

Bummed Solderblom is not back yet though.

He's skating again at least!  It would be really interesting to see this roster with Elmer, Bertuzzi and Vrana healthy and in a groove.

While watching the numerous giveaways and lapses by the Lightning in the first two periods, I realized, that yeah, it actually was Blashill that was the problem.  Sure, some new faces, but when you see  who's missing and how well the team is playing, hard not to come to that conclusion.   Austin Czarnik?  Oesterle?  Newsy getting the most out of players.  

Think they might try to get something for him at the deadline and resort to other guys (Hellberg or whomever) as backup just to finish out the year...?

I know they might want to hunt the playoffs because it'll be good for everyone's growth on the team...

And I don't know what value Ned has at the deadline but... just wanted to throw the thought out there...

9 hours ago, 1984Echoes said:

Think they might try to get something for him at the deadline and resort to other guys (Hellberg or whomever) as backup just to finish out the year...?

I know they might want to hunt the playoffs because it'll be good for everyone's growth on the team...

And I don't know what value Ned has at the deadline but... just wanted to throw the thought out there...

late round pick at best.  

53 minutes ago, Shinzaki said:

LIndstrom really needs to add some muscle...he can't clear anyone out net front which drastically limits his usefulness as a defenseman

Yup. Didn't see last night but for as much as I've questioned what Walman is bringing I still would rank him above Lindstrom or Hagg. I suppose Lalonde has to get everyone in a game once in a while. Of the group of also-rans from last season Osterle seem to have separated himself from the pack a little - or maybe Walman's hidden talent is that he makes the guy playing with him looks better than he did last season.  🤷‍♀️

i wonder if they send berggren down when soderblom is healthy?  i think berggren's been a touch better than elmer, so im fine with elmer staying in GR for a while.

and then therr is the issue of what to do with zadina.  there arent enough roster spots to keep him.  czarnik has been better.  berggren has been better.

i dont know if we see zadina again unless someone else gets hurt, he has simply never improved enough and now he's being passed by multiple young players.

52 minutes ago, buddha said:

i wonder if they send berggren down when soderblom is healthy?  i think berggren's been a touch better than elmer, so im fine with elmer staying in GR for a while.

and then therr is the issue of what to do with zadina.  there arent enough roster spots to keep him.  czarnik has been better.  berggren has been better.

i dont know if we see zadina again unless someone else gets hurt, he has simply never improved enough and now he's being passed by multiple young players.

I suppose there is risk in that Elmer is unfinished and will make mistakes, but he contributes to puck possession in a way Zadina, Suter....etc don't, so I would be willing to play him in front of them.