10/3 @ 3:10 Detroit Tigers vs Chicago White Sox

Tigeraholic1

If they are going to continue with interleague play they shouldn't be doing it at the end of the season.  The Red Sox are the latest victims of having to play important games in a NL park with the pitcher having to hit.  When a series is determining a playoff spot I don't think its right to do since AL teams are at a big disadvantage with pitchers batting.  The Tigers were in the same position in Atlanta a few years ago.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Crazy Cat Gentleman said:

I didn't hear anything in the last game he was on. it does kind of feel like he won't be back, just given the health problems he experienced during the season.

as much as I like him, I think I'm ready to move on. Petry, AJax, McClendon, whoever.

I enjoy Petry in the booth. I don’t know that he would have any interest in the job full time. 
If that opportunity arose, I would hope he would take it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Archie said:

If they are going to continue with interleague play they shouldn't be doing it at the end of the season.

it's unavoidable, because there's an odd number of teams in each league.

1 minute ago, Archie said:

The Red Sox are the latest victims of having to play important games in a NL park with the pitcher having to hit.  When a series is determining a playoff spot I don't think its right to do since AL teams are at a big disadvantage with pitchers batting.

yeah, the NL team in the final interleague series should have to play on the road.

maybe we'll get lucky and the NL will adopt the DH next season.

• Like 1

Alexander is only 26 - for some reason I thought he was older already. So with he and Skubal you have a hard throwing lefty and soft tossing lefty. Manning adds a hard throwing righty and Mize is basically a control guy. According to the modern theories, that's 4/5 of a rotation with the variety that should make it tough for the opposition.

Edited by gehringer_2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

Alexander is only 26 - for some reason I thought he was older already. So with he and Skubal you have a hard throwing lefty and soft tossing lefty. Manning adds a hard throwing righty and Mize is basically a control guy. According to the modern theories, that's 4/5 of a rotation with the variety that should make it tough for the opposition.

Pretty sure Alexander turned 27 in July.

Alex Avila, playing in his last game ever, has just singled home two runs to put Boston in a 5-1 hole.

Edited by lordstanley

14 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

Pretty sure Alexander turned 27 in July.

Sure- but I think everyone stays the same age for the whole season in the BR system so he is listed as 26 for the '21 season. I had thought he was more like 30. In any case, he's also finished the season really well. His splits against RHP used to be so poor  I had at one point labeled him as a LOOGY in a game where LOOGY's were obsolete, but between the cutter and his perseverance he's turned himself into a viable starting option.

Edited by gehringer_2

4 minutes ago, Crazy Cat Gentleman said:

once again, Tigers have no frickin' clue how to pull off a rundown.

Yeah - Hutchison had the out but threw it instead of making the easy tag, and that cost a bunch of extra throws- but he's a pitcher, so.....

Edited by gehringer_2