February Game Threads

lordstanley

17 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

The Wings were getting dominated the first half of the 2nd period but Larkin restored the 2-goal advantage. 3-1 after 2. 

yeah - that was a bad stretch. The Vancouver PP goal was pretty terrible also - they let him walk right down the slot. But like somebody said on a broadcast recently - the game burns so much energy it's almost impossible for any team to play a whole game without some let downs- you just hope you can still keep things to the side and your goalie is sharp.

It's a tough competition between them but I wonder whether Sundqvist or Rasmussen falls down more times in one game.....🙃

Edited by gehringer_2

They're 12th right now with only two teams that they have games on and a small enough point range that they could catch up on so...

As far as I'm concerned... Stevie Y could both trade away guys AND trade FOR guys depending on what works for the team... I'm not going to worry about playoffs this year although it'd be nice to make a run. But... like you said, 5-game Western road trip and then we're right on top of the trade deadline.

Once we get past the trade deadline a couple weeks and see what our team looks like and if they're able to go on any run will I concern myself with playoffs. Otherwise I don't need the stress.

Also, do we get Edvinsson or Soderblom after the trade deadline? What happens to Ned/ Vrana/ Hellberg/ Bertuzzi?

I think for the rest of this year at least... I am more interested in team-building than the playoffs.

Next year, I want... IN.

2 hours ago, 1984Echoes said:

They're 12th right now with only two teams that they have games on and a small enough point range that they could catch up on so...

As far as I'm concerned... Stevie Y could both trade away guys AND trade FOR guys depending on what works for the team... I'm not going to worry about playoffs this year although it'd be nice to make a run. But... like you said, 5-game Western road trip and then we're right on top of the trade deadline.

Once we get past the trade deadline a couple weeks and see what our team looks like and if they're able to go on any run will I concern myself with playoffs. Otherwise I don't need the stress.

Also, do we get Edvinsson or Soderblom after the trade deadline? What happens to Ned/ Vrana/ Hellberg/ Bertuzzi?

I think for the rest of this year at least... I am more interested in team-building than the playoffs.

Next year, I want... IN.

I’d like the Wings to reach 90 points. That won’t be the playoffs, but would be meaningful improvement and put them within striking distance for next year. They’re on pace for 87 points now. agree that trade deadline moves and player call-ups should be done without considering playoff chances.  

Edited by lordstanley