February Game Threads

lordstanley

1 hour ago, slothfacekilla said:

I'm guessing he wouldn't want to do it, but I wouldn't mind resting Perron on this back to back tonight.  He hasn't looked as good as he did early on in the season to be honest, getting him some rest might not be a bad idea.

give vrana a run.

10 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

If we're in the playoff chase (we are now, aren't we?) do you keep Bertuzzi and just hold down the fort?

My guess is that Yzerman is will not be easily deterred from his long term view. If he isn't going to try to sign Bertuzzi, I don't think he will hold him to zero value for the sake of this year's final record.

i bet its higher than his production this year would warrant.  he has a long track record of playing that way, in a way that should bode well for the playoffs.  

at least that's what ive heard repeatedly.  im not as sure.  yes, if he stays disciplined on offense and crashes the net it will be helpful.  for sure.  but weve seen so many times bertuzzi being undisciplined and turning the puck over.  cant have that in the playoffs.

24 minutes ago, slothfacekilla said:

Bert seems like the type of player a GM with a little desperation would talk himself into.  Plays the game the right way, tough to play against, playoff hockey... I would also lean to him being worth more than you would think but it could just be my homer-ness coming out.

tyler toffoli got a first, a fifth, a player and a prospect.

i suspect bert would (or should) fetch something similar.  maybe more than that.