February Game Threads

lordstanley

11 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

Dylan Larkin is a better player than Chychrun.

And you're ignoring my other post that opened up more options then just "an old stay at home defenseman".

You seem to be getting stuck on that.

One last comment: It depends on circumstances. Let me turn that around on you: SY discovers that Larkin has had it with negotiations and is refusing any further talks. He is going to become unrestricted and can't be talked out of it. The Red Wings are going to lose him for nothing. OR... what package would YOU accept for Larkin, who is adamant on leaving the Red Wings with nothing?

larkin also has a no trade clause.  so he would have to agree to a trade.

larking brings back a first, a decent young player, and a good prospect.

bertuzzi rumors are heating up a bit.  dallas mentioned.  edmonton too but they have no room.  we'd have to take salary back.

It also appears to me that Husso has caught a second wind after the break.... Seems like he's playing every game since, and is saving at .940+ each game...

(Did that off the top of my head) - checked the game logs - recency bias says I forgot he got bombed by Edmonton but in the 3 games since including this one... yeah. 

11 minutes ago, slothfacekilla said:

The Canucks are down bad as a franchise yikes

Canucks fans feel like Tigers fans now. Had a great decade from around 2006-2015 with high standings, playoff wins and Hall of Fame players. But just couldn’t win that elusive Cup. If they had won in 2011, same as if the Tigers had won in 2012, the fans would be more patient. 

4 hours ago, lordstanley said:

I was just texting a friend about that about Husso. 

Wings came storming into 3rd period. Now 5-1. 

The Wings won the first few minutes of the 1st and 3rd in a big way, but as Ozzie said, the Wings were beneficiaries of a lot of puck luck the rest of the time. The game was a lot closer if you looked at overall offensive zone time. But we'll take it.

13 hours ago, lordstanley said:

Canucks fans feel like Tigers fans now. Had a great decade from around 2006-2015 with high standings, playoff wins and Hall of Fame players. But just couldn’t win that elusive Cup. If they had won in 2011, same as if the Tigers had won in 2012, the fans would be more patient. 

That all makes sense.  Seems like the Nucks need new ownership and management.