February Game Threads

lordstanley

11 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

Not RW related but what happened last night in Anaheim is a great example of some of the silly things in the NHL rule book.  

Copley takes a cheap shot in the face from a guy skating by trying to be inconspicuous.   He hits back super softly with the blocker hand.  That’s a no-no.   He should get a penalty.    The rules say this is a 5 minute major, ejection from the rest of the game, and an automatic suspension for at least the next game.    All for a few glancing blows responding to something the refs missed.   

the problem is that NHL can't decide what it wants to be. A number of years ago they decided get rid of the fighting and they put rules in place for that - but now they regret that and want to go back to a more  'let the boys settle things' approach so they still have all the retaliation rules but they have stopping giving penalties to instigators the way the concept was intended. And in front of the net is where you see it the most. For a few years the 1st guy that did anything in front of the net it was 2min and it really cleaned up the nonsense around the goalies. Now the 1st move gets ignored and we're back to having scrums in the crease everytime a goalie holds a shot - which I think is completely stupid, and its the retaliators getting busted. But that apparently is the game that Toronto likes.

Edited by gehringer_2

Red Wings 1

Chiarot 3

It's getting ridiculous.

I want Chiarot traded at the deadline for whatever SY can get (zero value so there's no possible way he gets traded) and Edvinsson brought up in his place. Even if he starts as 3rd pairing just to get acclimated... if he performs well give him a raise to 2nd pairing... etc.

8 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

Red Wings 1

Chiarot 3

It's getting ridiculous.

I want Chiarot traded at the deadline for whatever SY can get (zero value so there's no possible way he gets traded) and Edvinsson brought up in his place. Even if he starts as 3rd pairing just to get acclimated... if he performs well give him a raise to 2nd pairing... etc.

ok...

2 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

Plus, you never know. I didn't think they'd be able to get a role of friction tape for Leddy the way he was playing for us last year but the Blues took him.

leddy had a track record and has talent.  same with bertuzzi.  if they want to deal bert they'll be able to get something good for him.

Yzerman reluctant to trade Bertuzzi after the recent run of wins...

I understand it, he'd like to get this team into the playoffs and Bertuzzi is a big part of winning these types of games; even if he loses him after this season for nothing.

I'm not going to argue against it either... if Stevie wants to trade him so be it, and if he holds onto him for a run to try to get into the playoffs and perform in the playoffs (if we get there)... so be it. I'm not going to angar either way.

From Khan: https://www.mlive.com/redwings/2023/02/red-wings-reportedly-not-eager-to-trade-tyler-bertuzzi-with-playoffs-in-reach.html

4 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

Yzerman reluctant to trade Bertuzzi after the recent run of wins...

I understand it, he'd like to get this team into the playoffs and Bertuzzi is a big part of winning these types of games; even if he loses him after this season for nothing.

I'm not going to argue against it either... if Stevie wants to trade him so be it, and if he holds onto him for a run to try to get into the playoffs and perform in the playoffs (if we get there)... so be it. I'm not going to angar either way.

From Khan: https://www.mlive.com/redwings/2023/02/red-wings-reportedly-not-eager-to-trade-tyler-bertuzzi-with-playoffs-in-reach.html

Doesn't help that what started out as a 'day to day' with Raymond has turned into worse.