February Game Threads

lordstanley

The guy who took the penalty that led to the Wings' powerplay and goal was Mark Stone, the same guy who got into the scooter accident in Detroit last week. May not be the smartest player on the ice. I didn't think anyone actually rode scooters, except UberEat delivery guys. The only thing anyone else seems to do with scooters is leave them in a park or toss it down by the river.

17 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

Dude...

I reverse jinxed them in the 1st period...

You can't reverse REVERSE jinx them!!!

How's this: My nephew was born in the middle of last week's game versus Edmonton. Since then the Wings have gone 4-0. Even  putting last weeks Edmonton loss onto his ledger still gives him a lifetime winning percentage of .800. His dad - my brother - is a big Red Wings fan. They live in Calgary. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lordstanley said:

How's this: My nephew was born in the middle of last week's game versus Edmonton. Since then the Wings have gone 4-0. Even  putting last weeks Edmonton loss onto his ledger still gives him a lifetime winning percentage of .800. His dad - my brother - is a big Red Wings fan. They live in Calgary. 

WHOO BOY!!!

AWESOME!!!

23 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

PS: Congrats on...

Baby Nephew Red Wings Fan!!!

• Thanks 1

Not RW related but what happened last night in Anaheim is a great example of some of the silly things in the NHL rule book.  

Copley takes a cheap shot in the face from a guy skating by trying to be inconspicuous.   He hits back super softly with the blocker hand.  That’s a no-no.   He should get a penalty.    The rules say this is a 5 minute major, ejection from the rest of the game, and an automatic suspension for at least the next game.    All for a few glancing blows responding to something the refs missed.