2021 Detroit Pistons PreSeason Games

John_Brian_K

I wanted to start a thread about the Pistons, because for the first time in a while I am pretty excited to watch some games and see what they can do this year.

It has been since they traded Chauncey away since I have really paid attention.  I watched some with Griffin and Drummond, but not much.  

I am planning on watching many more games this year.  I Hope they gel and win some games.

2 minutes ago, John_Brian_K said:

I wanted to start a thread about the Pistons, because for the first time in a while I am pretty excited to watch some games and see what they can do this year.

It has been since they traded Chauncey away since I have really paid attention.  I watched some with Griffin and Drummond, but not much.  

I am planning on watching many more games this year.  I Hope they gel and win some games.

I'm still pretty pessimistic. Maybe Cade will be a franchise player and turn them around but if I just have had the feeling all along he has been oversold. Hope not though.

I found the Pistons to be very fun to watch last year despite their final record.  They were in most games until the end and the players on the floor were busting their butts night after night... Most seemed like they had something to prove after being given up on from other teams.  Reminded me of the early 2000's before the Pistons took off and won a championship. 

I do find it quite amusing that many predictions I have seen for this season have the Pistons only winning a couple more games (23 to 25 wins) then they did last year (record in 2020 was 20-52).  Sure these predictions show improvement, but the Pistons record last year was with a shortened season (72 games)...  so I would think they could do better and top 30 wins this season with an 82 games schedule.

they're not going to be good this year.  theyre a very unathletic team and are going to have a hard time competing with some of the league's high fliers.

i do like stewart.  killian has to learn how to shoot.  i wish they would have sold high on grant while they had the chance.

cade looks like he can do the most important thing in the nba right now: shoot.  he'll get stronger.  he'll get better with the ball.  

hopefully he turns into doncic or tatum.  we shall see.

• Like 1

I'm excited for some NBA ball, as usual. Definitely want to watch the youngsters grow, but I agree that they will be pretty bad. It's easy to get excited, but when you look at the other teams in the league and thing objectively about it, 25-30 wins is about right.

That's ok, Casey said as much during preseason. They're looking to grow with this core for one more year and then make some big noise in free agency next year to begin the real push.

(side note: Is this the new forum for us MotownSports folks who've been on that forum for a decade? What happened to the other one? I'm old and confused, lol)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Betrayer said:

(side note: Is this the new forum for us MotownSports folks who've been on that forum for a decade? What happened to the other one? I'm old and confused, lol)

I sold MotownSports in June of 2020 after 20 years of ownership.  The new owner has apparently stopped paying attention to the site and forums, which are  malfunctioning.  These forums were setup early in 2021 to support my other websites, such as MotownPistons.com.  Users from MotownSports have found there way over here during the most recent malfunction at MTS and have begun to use these forums.

Glad you finally stopped by Betrayer!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MotownWebGuy said:

I sold MotownSports in June of 2020 after 20 years of ownership.  The new owner has apparently stopped paying attention to the site and forums, which are  malfunctioning.  These forums were setup early in 2021 to support my other websites, such as MotownPistons.com.  Users from MotownSports have found there way over here during the most recent malfunction at MTS and have begun to use these forums.

Glad you finally stopped by Betrayer!

Awesome, thanks for the explanation. Just glad to see that my community of online sports friends have found a new home where we can rant and rave about the Pistons (and other Detroit teams). Good to see some familiar faces popping up.

Nets traded Sekou and a 2nd to the Rockets who then promptly waived him. I guess that says all you need to know about him when the teams that picked 1 and 2 in the draft both didn't think he was worth a roster spot.

Speaking of the draft, Cunningham is out of tomorrow with a sprained ankle. James Edwards says that from his understanding its nothing serious just the team being extra cautious. If it were a real game he'd have been in there. 

Edited by RandyMarsh

On 10/4/2021 at 5:46 PM, casimir said:

If they play hard & entertaining and continue to develop a core, missing the playoffs for another chance in the lottery would be dandy.

I would not mind that.  I really just enjoy seeing guys playing hard.  If they are not taking plays off and really giving it everything they got...I can get behind a team like that.

4 hours ago, Betrayer said:

Disappointing that Cade isn't playing tonight, but I get it. Guess we'll have to wait another week or two to see the new guy in action. Wonder if he's been held out of practice these past couple weeks as well. Bad timing for a rookie.

Yeah I'm disappointed too, been looking forward to this day for a couple weeks now in large part due to Cade but ultimately I know its best for the team not to risk further injury.  I just hope the injury isn't more severe than they are leading on. 

2 hours ago, 1984Echoes said:

Hah! The news finally caught up with your post.

Searched everywhere and saw nothing when I posted... which says, RM, you are way ahead of the crowd!!!

Haha, I have no idea how I even came across that to begin with since I dont even follow that guy. I think it started with me clicking on the thread somebody posted about Cade being out and a couple clicks down the rabbit hole later I came across that. Funny how things like that can happen on twitter or YouTube. 

I will say after seeing the court on TV vs. Just a pic on Twitter I do like the look of the actual floor itself like the wood grain and stain/sealer they used but I just wish there was color in the key. IDK why that is such a bone of contention of mine but for some reason it always has been. 

14 hours ago, 1984Echoes said:

I'm interested in seeing Killian.

Rumors are that he is totally taking off (as in like a rocket) in camp. Would like to see that extended into the regular season.

But don't even know what that looks like until we see some pre-season...

Yes, I want to see how the backcourt plays out.  Hayes was awful, then injured, then he showed some improvement after being injured.