2023 Michigan Football

djhutch

I went to a Pistons finals game at the Silverdome when they were at the Lakers.   When they introduced the players from the Lakers and showed pictures on the big video board they gave them horrible haircuts and distorted their faces.   Now someone would get fired for that.   Norm Nixon's feelings would be hurt so bad, he'd seek therapy now.  IT was pretty funny at the time. 

7 minutes ago, MIguy said:

This is going to get bad.  Michigan is going to end up with the last two seasons being vacated, costing them a couple Big 10 titles and wins against Ohio State.  I think it also ends up leading to Harbaugh finally bolting for the NFL.  

I'm not buying it.  If the NCAA had all this against them, dating back this long, then why now?  Because Michigan is good again.  The talking points from the NCAA are already being eviscerated in the nat'l media & it won't withstand public or courtroom scrutiny.

10 minutes ago, djhutch said:

I'm not buying it.  If the NCAA had all this against them, dating back this long, then why now?  Because Michigan is good again.  The talking points from the NCAA are already being eviscerated in the nat'l media & it won't withstand public or courtroom scrutiny.

Michigan fans denying reports isn't exactly "eviscerating talking points".  If this report is true and they have receipts for these ticket purchases, Michigan is screwed. Additionally, they say there is video evidence of people filming the benches during games. 

Edited by MIguy

im buying it, i just think its a common thing.  but they got caught because michigan is good again and people are pissed about it.

the ncaa hates harbaugh and loves to make an example out of michigan.  so be ready for vacated wins and championships plus bowl bans.

so it really means harbaugh will go back to the nfl.  hope they win it next year because the ncaa is going to come down on michigan like a ton of bricks.

remember when harbaugh led off a big ten press conference by saying ohio state was doing illegal practicing (or something like that) and ryan day through a fit?  well, ryan day just threw it back in harbaugh's face.

the difference is the ncaa hates harbaugh and will make michigan pay for it.

11 hours ago, buddha said:

im buying it, i just think its a common thing.  but they got caught because michigan is good again and people are pissed about it.

the ncaa hates harbaugh and loves to make an example out of michigan.  so be ready for vacated wins and championships plus bowl bans.

so it really means harbaugh will go back to the nfl.  hope they win it next year because the ncaa is going to come down on michigan like a ton of bricks.

The degree to which this has entered my non-M fan peer group's social consciousness and is being used against me as an M fan is already beyond acceptable.

18 minutes ago, romad1 said:

The degree to which this has entered my non-M fan peer group's social consciousness and is being used against me as an M fan is already beyond acceptable.

i laugh at them.  "i love it, it means were good again and ryan day's bitch ass has something to cry about."

50 minutes ago, buddha said:

i laugh at them.  "i love it, it means were good again and ryan day's bitch ass has something to cry about."

when we beat them they will have no excuse because they will be asinine to retain any signs between this story breaking and gametime. 

1 hour ago, romad1 said:

when we beat them they will have no excuse because they will be asinine to retain any signs between this story breaking and gametime. 

There is a story out there that supposedly people were begging Don Brown to change his signs and Harbaugh reacted with indifference to that...then they got blown out by OSU.   Perhaps, there is a bit more to this story. 

Edited by romad1

The simple fact here is that Michigan is the team being investigated so the talking point that "everyone else does it" really isn't valid.  If everyone one else was doing what Michigan is accused of doing, those teams would also be under investigation.  Really amazing to see people living in such denial of the hammer that is surely going to be dropped on the program when this investigation concludes.  

Edited by MIguy
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, MIguy said:

The simple fact here is that Michigan is the team being investigated so the talking point that "everyone else does it" really isn't valid.  If everyone one else was doing what Michigan is accused of doing, those teams would also be under investigation.  Really amazing to see people living in such denial of the hammer that is surely going to be dropped on the program when this investigation concludes.  

I know there are lot of people chirping to me about it for sure. 

47 minutes ago, romad1 said:

I know there are lot of people chirping to me about it for sure. 

I'm not sure what you want me to take from this comment.  Are you saying people are making something out of nothing? Is it not a big deal that a sideline staffer of the team was buying tickets for games featuring future opponents and shooting video of the sidelines? 

1 hour ago, MIguy said:

its a low level violation.  i wouldnt freak out about it.  the most they'll get is a show cause order to the guy who did it and probation.

like when they stretched for an extra 10 minutes under richrod and got probation.

13 minutes ago, MIguy said:

I'm not sure what you want me to take from this comment.  Are you saying people are making something out of nothing? Is it not a big deal that a sideline staffer of the team was buying tickets for games featuring future opponents and shooting video of the sidelines? 

The degree to which this gave the OSU fanbase something to cling onto has really annoyed the **** out of me.