04/14/2023 6:40 pm EDT San Francisco Giants vs Detroit Tigers

casimir

3 hours ago, mtutiger said:

With Manning on IL, that's unlikely to happen 

I'm confused.  I think they are currently at 14 positions and 12 pitchers (Nevin up, Manning IL).  Wentz down to Toledo for Lorenzen keeps it 14/12.  I guess I am going with the assumption that they'll want to be 13/13, but it certainly isn't a mandate to do so.

18 minutes ago, casimir said:

I'm confused.  I think they are currently at 14 positions and 12 pitchers (Nevin up, Manning IL).  Wentz down to Toledo for Lorenzen keeps it 14/12.  I guess I am going with the assumption that they'll want to be 13/13, but it certainly isn't a mandate to do so.

They arent going to carry a four man rotation, so they will likely cull from their surplus of mediocre middle infielders (ie. Kreidler, McKinstry, Schoop)

1 hour ago, mtutiger said:

They arent going to carry a four man rotation, so they will likely cull from their surplus of mediocre middle infielders (ie. Kreidler, McKinstry, Schoop)

Yeah, that's kind of where I was going with:

Speculation I heard is Wentz optioned down in order for Lorenzen to be called back up.  But at some point a position player is going to have be moved for an arm.

At the moment, Kreidler seems to have the weakest batting line of the trio, although that ain't saying much.  The depth chart is such where any of the three can be moved without creating an issue on the corners or up the middle.  And maybe it makes sense to have Kreidler playing everyday in Toledo anyway.

4 hours ago, casimir said:

Yeah, that's kind of where I was going with:

At the moment, Kreidler seems to have the weakest batting line of the trio, although that ain't saying much.  The depth chart is such where any of the three can be moved without creating an issue on the corners or up the middle.  And maybe it makes sense to have Kreidler playing everyday in Toledo anyway.

I wasn't impressed with the fielding of McKinstry yesterday. Kreidler has a good glove and arm. Offense or defense? With our weak pitching, I want defense.