Lions vs Bengals - 10/17/21 - 1:00pm - FOX

MotownWebGuy

1 minute ago, buddha said:

its not that the backup qb is the answer here, its that the starting qb is obviously NOT the answer.

this is maybe a point at which you fault the new brain trust. If you bring in a QB with the kind of question marks as Goff, should you have spent a little more effort on the #2 position? Or if Goff wasn't good was the fall back just the top pick? 

1 minute ago, Sports_Freak said:

They blitzed on 3rd and 3 earlier and got a sack. Your point?

4 minutes ago, buddha said:

as i said, sometimes the other team just makes a play.  its not because the lions coaches are bad.

that's my point.  same point i've been making to you for a week.

Just now, gehringer_2 said:

this is maybe a point at which you fault the new brain trust. If you bring in a QB with the kind of question marks as Goff, should you have spent a little more effort on the #2 position? Or if Goff wasn't good was the fall back just the top pick? 

no.  to paraphrase tp, you probably should have drafted a qb.

its stupid to spend money on a "quality" backup qb in the salary cap age.  spend the money on better starters.

1 minute ago, buddha said:

it wasnt a mistake.  but whatever.

He blitzed on 1ST and 2nd down. Got them in a 3rd and 19. Called timeout before the 4th down play because Baltimore was outta time outs. 1st mistake. The next mistake was playing a passive defense and allowing them to convert a 4th down and 19. Two huge coaching mistakes. Sorry, you can't change history.