04/22/2023 7:05pm EDT Detroit Tigers vs Baltimore Orioles

casimir

Baltimore hitters adjust to Wentz. Tigers appear to be incapable of in game adjustments.

It's something that's impossible to quantify but watching this team over the last three season I always wonder if there is such a thing as too much game planning. Not enough just relax and see ball -  hit ball? 

1 minute ago, Klondike said:

makes me wonder how teams like the Orioles can go through a rough patch and progress to a good team on the rise the right way and the Tigers are stuck in the mire for years with no progress.

It can't be a mystery at this point right? spacer.png

• Like 1

I know how bad Avila was but I thought this new guy was different. the off season proved otherwise. they couldn't pick up anyone off the bargain bin better than this. As a Tiger fan I am willing to wait paitently but these 5 year plans are worse than Stalin.

7 minutes ago, Klondike said:

I know how bad Avila was but I thought this new guy was different. the off season proved otherwise. they couldn't pick up anyone off the bargain bin better than this. As a Tiger fan I am willing to wait paitently but these 5 year plans are worse than Stalin.

I will kind of disagree with you on that.  I think this season was about Scott Harris and his staff seeing what they've got here and evaluating it their own way and the only way to do that is to let them play (at various levels) as much as possible and see what's worth keeping,  what could be improved and what needs to go.    Plus, in order to sign a halfway decent free agent, they'd have to pay him way more than he's worth to come here and right now, what's the point in that.  We already have Cabrera, Schoop and Baez contracts like a weight around their neck.   Why add anymore right now?  2 or maybe all 3 of those contracts will be gone next year, but I still wouldn't expect much next offseason.    Face it,  When Harris got hired the rebuild started all over.   Can't really say much about him until after his 3rd year........if we want to be fair.    

• Like 1

you can a talk about rebuild schedules and contracts all you want but this is still a do of die year for Green, Tork, Rogers, Baddoo, and no less for the guys Harris's picked up who were all sitting on the edge of being or not being major leaguers (Maton, Vierling, McK). Bottom line is that even if the org isn't approaching this season with any particular urgency, these players need to be.

Edited by gehringer_2