05/20/2023 4:05pm EDT Detroit Tigers vs Washington Nationals

casimir

13 minutes ago, chasfh said:

They might be preparing for a post-Schoop world by figuring out whether Ibanez could handle second semi-permanently going forward.

They also need to figure out whether Ibanez will hit enough where they would worry about him being permanent.  He had a nice little stretch, but I don't really expect him to be a major factor in their future

So, I'm preparing for my own softball game that begins at 5pm.  They are predicting thunderstorms that begin around that time.  "They" is the cabal of weather people -- who like the firefighters in Ray Bradbury's "Farenheit 451" set book-burning fires instead of putting them out --  control that it only rains when I'm scheduled for softball activity.

Wheels within wheels people.  There is a reason the Trinity Bomb site in Alamogordo, NM is at the 33' parallel and so is Dealy Plaza in Dallas and the ancient aliens who landed at Roswell.   There is a reason Jesus predicted his own death at the age of 33. 

[if any of you were reading all that and going "right on, man" you might want to go talk to regular people and get off the internet]

Edited by romad1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, romad1 said:

So, I'm preparing for my own softball game that begins at 5pm.  They are predicting thunderstorms that begin around that time.  "They" is the cabal of weather people -- who like the firefighters in Ray Bradbury's "Farenheit 451" set book-burning fires instead of putting them out --  control that it only rains when I'm scheduled for softball activity.

Wheels within wheels people.  There is a reason the Trinity Bomb site in Alamogordo, NM is at the 33' parallel and so is Dealy Plaza in Dallas and the ancient aliens who landed at Roswell.   There is a reason Jesus predicted his own death at the age of 33. 

[if any of you were reading all that and going "right on, man" you might want to go talk to regular people and get off the internet]

Never mind that ****, I have a bigger problem.  How will I know if my Melba toast is stale?

2 minutes ago, Jim Cowan said:

In 1963, Henry Aaron and Willie McCovey tied for the National League home run lead.  How many did they hit?  What were their uniform numbers?

It’s crazy to think Henry Aaron started his pro career as a cross handed hitter.  A hall of fame player started out with a completely fundamental oddity, was still good enough to get that far despite that, corrected it, and then went on to be Henry freaking Aaron.