05/21/2023 1:35pm EDT Detroit Tigers vs Washington Nationals

casimir

1 hour ago, SoCalTiger said:

Perhaps our greatest Tiger of all time ? Three full years and parts of two others age 30-31-32-33-34 lost to Military service during WW2. I say yes.

If "greatest" is defined as including military service, I'm inclined to agree.

18 minutes ago, chasfh said:

If "greatest" is defined as including military service, I'm inclined to agree.

There were greater players than him, but if greatest means great player who was also led a great life outside the game, then you can certainly argue that he was the greatest tiger.    

5 minutes ago, Archie said:

I've seen enough of Wentz. He needs to be sent down to Toledo. There's got to be someone that could at least get an out.

There really isn't anybody there that will do any better.  They have no starting pitchers ready to step in.  We can hope that Skubal and Manning come back strong.  

And now Baddoo with the walk. These may not be good or talented hitters in the big picture, but at least we're learning that they're able to make the most of the slight gifts they do have, which should make them fun to watch sometimes.

17 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

There really isn't anybody there that will do any better.  They have no starting pitchers ready to step in.  We can hope that Skubal and Manning come back strong.  

Yeah, you have a good point. Hope they can get Skubal back soon and into form.