05/27/2023 1:10 pm EDT Chicago White Sox vs Detroit Tigers

casimir

Just now, casimir said:

Sure.  Who gets called up in his place?  Nevin?  Ok, they can try that.  Aside from him, who else?  Does someone have a magic button to make Carpenter healthy?

I’d rather see Lipcius at this point.  Very strong year at AAA last season, and after a slow start, has hit well lately.  Can take a walk and has versatility.  Can’t be any worse than Ibanez.

Just now, Tenacious D said:

I’d rather see Lipcius at this point.  Very strong year at AAA last season, and after a slow start, has hit well lately.  Can take a walk and has versatility.  Can’t be any worse than Ibanez.

I don’t think Lipcius’ May is all that different than his April.  I thought that’s what I saw yesterday.

But they aren’t calling Malloy up.  They aren’t calling Keith up.  They’re going to play the long game with them and let them develop in the minors.  Keith especially would have to be tearing AA up to be promoted to Detroit.

They just don’t have many moves to make right now with the position players and with the rotation.  Heck, probably with bullpen, too.  And despite all of this, somehow or another they’re within a series of .500.  They’ve got a decent record for being awful.

.673 OPS in April  and .726 OPS in May for Lipcius.  .979 in the last week, so if he’s “gotten hot” it’s happened just recently and is a small sample size.  Just like Nevin’s pre call up.  Just like Ibanez’ pre call up.

2 minutes ago, casimir said:

.673 OPS in April  and .726 OPS in May for Lipcius.  .979 in the last week, so if he’s “gotten hot” it’s happened just recently and is a small sample size.  Just like Nevin’s pre call up.  Just like Ibanez’ pre call up.

Except that Lipcius is a real prospect who hasn’t yet proven he can’t hit in the majors. Unlike the other two.

Just now, Tenacious D said:

Except that Lipcius is a real prospect who hasn’t yet proven he can’t hit in the majors. Unlike the other two.

Sweet.  if he can prove it some more against inferior pitching, maybe he gets a call up.  But as of now I guess a .700 OPS in AAA isn’t all that impressive.