05/27/2023 1:10 pm EDT Chicago White Sox vs Detroit Tigers

casimir

Just now, casimir said:

All star Zach McKinstry?

It's possible but that would mean we'd get more than one rep since I think E-Rod and Lange would both be our rep ahead of him. Right now I think you could make a strong case for those 3 and Greene for the ASG right now. 

Just now, RandyMarsh said:

It's possible but that would mean we'd get more than one rep since I think E-Rod and Lange would both be our rep ahead of him. Right now I think you could make a strong case for those 3 and Greene for the ASG right now. 

Be greedy, peoples.  We’ve earned it.

The thing with McKinstry is that his peripherals don't suggest he is getting super lucky or anything, he is just walking alot which tends to stabilize quickly and is more predictive than other things so it's not unreasonable to think he can continue playing at or near this level for the remainder of the season. Hell if you look at his expected stats he's actually been a bit UNLUCKY thus far. 

1 hour ago, RandyMarsh said:

I read “Greene” and I thought Shane Greene and I went gaaahh …

7 hours ago, chasfh said:

That's 15.

Where the heck is everyone??

sorry - I was working on my car and recording the game.

I beginning to entertain a slight hope Schoop could yet get on track. He did smoke a ball off a RHP pitcher today. A Schoop that could hit at 3rd would solidify the IF in a big way.

Edited by gehringer_2

5 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

If they made the picks now, I think they'd have to go with McKinstry and Rodriguez.  You can make a case for Greene, but I think they wouldn't take him due to lack of power.  

10 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

sorry - I was working on my car and recording the game.

I beginning to entertain a slight hope Schoop could yet get on track. He did smoke a ball off a RHP pitcher today. A Schoop that could hit at 3rd would solidify the IF in a big way.

Its getting better lately.  There might be a hot streak in him before the season is over.

44 minutes ago, chasfh said:

😄

I don’t know.  Let’s say the Tigers somehow or another keep very minimal distance to the top of an awful division “race”.  Schoop finds himself enough to be helpful for what the Tigers need, but there are no offers for him at the trade deadline. The combination of events probably isn’t likely.  But here we are at Memorial Day within a series of .500. Who would’ve thought that likely?  If your hand is up, you’re lying.

Now, my inclination would still be for the future rather than 2023.  But if there’s nothing compelling offered for Schoop, why not fancy a chance now?  Or do you just take the best offer available regardless?  I could see either side of it, but it’s a real sideways squint and without glasses on to envision such a scenario.

1 hour ago, casimir said:

Now, my inclination would still be for the future rather than 2023.  But if there’s nothing compelling offered for Schoop, why not fancy a chance now?  Or do you just take the best offer available regardless?  I could see either side of it, but it’s a real sideways squint and without glasses on to envision such a scenario.

There will also be additional context, primarily does anyone else emerge as a strong enough IF candidate that you actually want him to take whatever ABs Schoop is still getting.

13 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

There will also be additional context, primarily does anyone else emerge as a strong enough IF candidate that you actually want him to take whatever ABs Schoop is still getting.

8 minutes ago, Jim Cowan said:

Remember that big haul that they got for Grossman, after showcasing his carcass every night for a month?  The return for Schoop will be less than that.

Don’t look know, but his slash lines are darn near identical to Baez’.  Sure, there’s the discrepancy in playing time and defense.  But I bet nobody would’ve guessed the similarity unless they saw the numerals.  I was certainly surprised.