06/03/2023 2:10pm EDT Detroit Tigers vs Chicago White Sox

casimir

52 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

20 home run...75 RBI and a .240 BA? Good enough? I say no. How long do we give him? 2 more years? Remember Harris didn't draft him. There's not going to be any loyalty from the front office.

What other options do the Tigers have?  There isn't anyone in the minors that appears to be MLB quality they can put at first.  Ilitch isn't going to pay for any FAs unless they are the bargain bin type of guys.  He'll be 24 in August, so he is still relatively young.  And it's not like Ilitch is trying to win anyway.

1 minute ago, tiger2022 said:

What other options do the Tigers have?  There isn't anyone in the minors that appears to be MLB quality they can put at first.  Ilitch isn't going to pay for any FAs unless they are the bargain bin type of guys.  He'll be 24 in August, so he is still relatively young.  And it's not like Ilitch is trying to win anyway.

Keep him until arbitration makes him too expensive. Harris doesn't keep players that cost too much.

1 minute ago, Sports_Freak said:

Look at the roster. Schoop has been a black hole for 2 years. But we're paying him so we'll just keep him around. Guy looks like he's 50 years old.

It's dumb...I'm happy with the Harris hire, and of course am cutting him some slack, but he's gotta bring some guys up to replace schoop, maton, and ibanez.  There is literally no point in not bringing some guys up and seeing what they got at this point...it's making me doubt Harris.