06/03/2023 2:10pm EDT Detroit Tigers vs Chicago White Sox

casimir

7 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

You just KNOW the announcers are really bad when I turn the volume up just to hear Johnny Kane. C-Mi should never be allowed in the booth. Like fingernails on a chalkboard.

The Captain Positive crap gets old fast….. I have eyes 

Torkelson has made strides since last season but he's over doing the team mantra. He's not just waiting for pitches to hit, he's waiting for perfect pitches. It's going to get him a lot of walks but he's not going to be much help against good pitching until he's willing to be a *little* less picky early in the count.

Edited by gehringer_2
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

Torkelson has made strides since last season but he's over doing the team mantra. He's not just waiting for pitches to hit, he's waiting for perfect pitches. It's going to get him a lot of walks but he's not going to be much help against good pitching until he's willing to be a *little* less picky early in the count.

20 home run...75 RBI and a .240 BA? Good enough? I say no. How long do we give him? 2 more years? Remember Harris didn't draft him. There's not going to be any loyalty from the front office.

9 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

Bàez swings and misses with man at 3rd and nobody out. C-Mo says "good swing, that's what you want to do". Yeah, Craig. That's just about the most stupid thing you could say.

This goes back to my ongoing criticisms of Craig Monroe: he talks like he’s still in the clubhouse, using clubhouse nicknames for the players, which makes me roll my eyes; he’s a “let’s go, boys!” rooter behind the mic, which makes me roll my eyes; and he’s basically a PR manager for the players, spinning anything that’s suboptimal into bland positives because hey, he’s gotta be around those guys the next day, so he's gotta watch what he says.

Actually, "'he's gotta watch what he says" may not be even exactly true. Maybe he doesn't have to watch what he says at all because he's been steeped in elite jockocracy since probably at least high school, with all the language and thought processes attendant to it, so he's probably hard-wired to say the thing that most supports the guys.

Either way, it's pretty amateurish.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, chasfh said:

This goes back to my ongoing criticisms of Craig Monroe: he talks like he’s still in the clubhouse, using clubhouse nicknames for the players, which makes me roll my eyes; he’s a “let’s go, boys!” rooter behind the mic, which makes me roll my eyes; and he’s basically a PR manager for the players, spinning anything that’s suboptimal into bland positives because hey, he’s gotta be around those guys the next day, so he's gotta watch what he says.

Actually, "'he's gotta watch what he says" may not be even exactly true. Maybe he doesn't have to watch what he says at all because he's been steeped in elite jockocracy since probably at least high school, with all the language and thought processes attendant to it, so he's probably hard-wired to say the thing that most supports the guys.

Either way, it's pretty amateurish.

On que Monroe says "Badoo needs to make Graveman work " and after Badoo flys out on the first pitch the next statement by Monroes is "Badoo trying to impact the game with his elite power"...