06/11/2023 11:35 am EDT Arizona Diamondbacks vs Detroit Tigers

casimir

19 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

One thing I've noticed lately is Dickerson talking more about things like veteran leadership and clubhouse presence.  I wonder if he has been told to tone down the stats and talk about old school stuff more.  Or maybe some of his partners don't respond well to stats, so he tries to get them engaged in other ways.  If that is the case, it backfired with Andy Dirks a couple of weeks ago when Dickerson talked about the importance of shut down innings and Dirks told him that innings after the team took the lead were no different than other innings.  You always want to keep the opponent scoreless.     

Dirks is a great analyst.

6 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Ok maybe Wentz is a decent chess piece after all. 😁

I would note that at his last start, Dirks said Wentz needed more speed differential and to throw his Curve. Today the change is a mph or so slower and he's throwing the curve. Maybe we need Dirks in the dugout!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

One thing I've noticed lately is Dickerson talking more about things like veteran leadership and clubhouse presence.  I wonder if he has been told to tone down the stats and talk about old school stuff more.  Or maybe some of his partners don't respond well to stats, so he tries to get them engaged in other ways.  If that is the case, it backfired with Andy Dirks a couple of weeks ago when Dickerson talked about the importance of shut down innings and Dirks told him that innings after the team took the lead were no different than other innings.  You always want to keep the opponent scoreless.     

Or they were told to be more upbeat and positive… i mean look at Tigers state media on Bally