06/11/2023 11:35 am EDT Arizona Diamondbacks vs Detroit Tigers

casimir

Dan Dickerson called that a two-run double before walking it back as a one-run ground rule double. It seems to me like he’s botching more calls like that, although maybe you guys think he’s botching it just as much or even less. It’s just my impression is all. 

1 minute ago, chasfh said:

Dan Dickerson called that a two-run double before walking it back as a one-run ground rule double. It seems to me like he’s botching more calls like that, although maybe you guys think he’s botching it just as much or even less. It’s just my impression is all. 

The Tiger's incompetence is contagious?

Just now, chasfh said:

I’ve noticed that too… eyesight getting bad

24 minutes ago, chasfh said:

One thing I've noticed lately is Dickerson talking more about things like veteran leadership and clubhouse presence.  I wonder if he has been told to tone down the stats and talk about old school stuff more.  Or maybe some of his partners don't respond well to stats, so he tries to get them engaged in other ways.  If that is the case, it backfired with Andy Dirks a couple of weeks ago when Dickerson talked about the importance of shut down innings and Dirks told him that innings after the team took the lead were no different than other innings.  You always want to keep the opponent scoreless.     

Edited by Tiger337

I thought Dirks was solid. He did not sugar coat like all the rest. For example he said clearly that Wentz fastball and off speed was essentially the same speed and not good enough to pitch in the middle of the plate. Bingo. If Wentz can’t paint corners he’s    fodder. 

5 minutes ago, SoCalTiger said:

I thought Dirks was solid. He did not sugar coat like all the rest. For example he said clearly that Wentz fastball and off speed was essentially the same speed and not good enough to pitch in the middle of the plate. Bingo. If Wentz can’t paint corners he’s    fodder. 

Yeah, Dirks is probably my favorite Tigers analyst now.  

9 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

One thing I've noticed lately is Dickerson talking more about things like veteran leadership and clubhouse presence.  I wonder if he has been told to tone down the stats and talk about old school stuff more.  Or maybe some of his partners don't respond well to stats, so he tries to get them engaged in other ways.  If that is the case, it backfired with Andy Dirks a couple of weeks ago when Dickerson talked about the importance of shut down innings and Dirks told him that innings after the team took the lead were no different than other innings.  You always want to keep he opponent scoreless.     

Not for nothing, I’ve noted to myself the same thing about Brian Kenny on the Network. The last couple of years he’s been all in on “cut of jib” index and all that stuff. He may have gotten the same notes. Who knows, maybe it’s all coming from the same source.