Northwesturn at Michigan

romad1

also, I hate to say it.  I'm not looking forward to the broadcast since its Gus Johnson.  I really like him for most things.  I just don't like him calling Michigan games because i get too riled up as it is during football games and then its him hollering and hooting at anything.

I couldn't tell you the ideal TV announcer for a Michigan game now.  The ideal over recorded history was Keith Jackson.

2 hours ago, romad1 said:

I intentionally misspelled the name of the school my son is applying to along with Michigan and others.  Its a game.  Its today.  May our homefield advantage carry Michigan.  Let not the bye lead us to slovenly play.

LOL - I was talking to a young faculty member the other day who admitted to sabotaging her applications to one particular prestigious school she didn't want to go to but that her parents demanded she apply to (and that given her accomplishments, would certainly have gotten into). It was on the East coast and she was set on going West. Lot of good it did her since she's ended up back in the MidWest.  :classic_laugh:

Not to mention a close acquaintance who turned down free ride to MSU to pay their way at UM. Those where very understanding parents! Of course in those days that wasn't turning down that much money!

Edited by gehringer_2

16 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

Not to mention a close acquaintance who turned down free ride to MSU to pay their way at UM. Those where very understanding parents! Of course in those days that wasn't turning down that much money!

when i went to law school it was $18,000 for out of state tuition.  now its $60,000.

If they win today it won't matter.   If they think they are doing any damage against MSU, PSU or OSU without having a passing game that is good for more than 5 yard throws, they are out of their minds.    Cade throwing down field to an open receiver is like Jared Goff throwing a spiral.    He can't hit a guy in stride.    Why bring JJ in and never let him throw a meaningful pass.   Are they only bringing him in so he won't transfer?    

Just now, lordstanley said:

Oklahoma and Cincy are frauds. Oklahoma wins every game by under 10 points and is down 10 to putrid Kansas at half. Cincy has one good, at ND, and is up 3 over Navy. 

Cincinnati can go unbeaten, but I don't think there is any way the Power 5 Mafia is letting them in that playoff.  They'll find reasons to keep them out. 

18 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Cincinnati can go unbeaten, but I don't think there is any way the Power 5 Mafia is letting them in that playoff.  They'll find reasons to keep them out. 

Did they throw one pass into the end zone on those two late deep drives? Seems like they just swung it out to the side and tried to have the receiver run it in, w/o success .

note: meant to be replying to your other post about Michigan’s passing game

Edited by lordstanley

8 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

Did they throw one pass into the end zone on those two late deep drives? Seems like they just swung it out to the side and tried to have the receiver run it in, w/o success .

note: meant to be replying to your other post about Michigan’s passing game

No, he can't throw a receiver open.   It could be below average receivers too, but every downfield pass he throws is way off target and usually very up for grabs     I have seen plays where his receivers could be open but he does not recognize it or he throws it behind them.    They can still easily win today and go 7-0, but could end up 8-4 still because if they have no passing game, they aren't going to beat better teams.    Indiana's record is not great, but look at who they've lost to - all top 10 teams.   I would like to see Henning play more - at least more plays down the field.  If he can get separation can Cade hit him or throw him open?       

Just now, RandyMarsh said:

I know a punter would never do this but boy Robbins could've walked to the 1st down there if he decided to tuck it instead of punting. There was NOBODY there. 

I thought the same thing.  I don’t get it.

Also, McNamara is freaking awful.  Michigan will beat zero good teams with that guy.  He can’t throw the ball.  There is zero vertical threat.  Like watching the lions. Expect Michigan has a guy who can really sling it.  Put him in!

2 minutes ago, TP_Fan said:

Can someone explain the rationale for illegal man down field?  Why is that on the rule book?  I literally don’t understand why it’s an issue. 

If that player was a sovereign citizen would he still be illegal?    Would he be a traveler and not a receiver?      And would Jimmy have really had whacked Karen if she went into that vacant store?    So many questions