Training Camp and Preseason Games

TP_Fan

8 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

Credit to Justin Rogers for Sharing this on Twitter/X...

Levi Onwuzurike opened up about his back injury, his life, and his struggles on and off the field... Really good read, would definitely recommend. I seriously tip my cap to him for even making this team, he's got that grit no doubt about it.

Beyond Levi

I clicked into it but haven't read it yet. Looks like a great read and something that really grounds and humanizes the situation he's been going through.

2 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

I clicked into it but haven't read it yet. Looks like a great read and something that really grounds and humanizes the situation he's been going through.

It's a phenomenal read. I stopped after a few paragraphs to share here and just finished. Impossible not to root for the guy after reading, it's basically a medical miracle he's still playing football. It's incredibly well written too, you feel like he's your friend or family member going through it and it exudes pathos in just how hard the last two years have been for him.

We fans think of injuries as part of the game, and they are, but it can make us take for granted the physical, mental, and emotional demands they place on players. I tip my hat to these guys who make it back from injuries. Nothing in life is given, certainly not the right to play a sport at the highest level. I admire Levi’s determination to return. 

• Like 1