Training Camp and Preseason Games

TP_Fan

3 hours ago, 1984Echoes said:

They'll make a couple more moves: as 4hzglory noted, probably a couple guys to IR.

Any interesting RB's to pick up? The Giants released James Robinson... if he's healthy he was once-upon-a-time a very interesting RB...  And they'll re-sign Craig Reynolds. And they'll find another RB to add to the Practice Squad. 

Practice Squad.

Plus Chase Lucas and Starling Thomas (if all these guys pass waivers that is...), probably Brandon Joseph, Max Pircher and a couple other O-Lineman, Adrian Martinez, and... ?

Just a WAG.

Is Craigster hurt?    

I can't see them carrying less than 4 RBs, as long as that 4th is a good special teams guy.     They will easily cycle through 3 RBs a game.   It's just a numbers game now.  Finding the right fit. 

10 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Is Craigster hurt?    

I can't see them carrying less than 4 RBs, as long as that 4th is a good special teams guy.     They will easily cycle through 3 RBs a game.   It's just a numbers game now.  Finding the right fit. 

They probably looked at Craig as a more fungible/ disposable/ replaceable asset than a Julian Okwara.

They may be wrong on that...

I'm just sayin'...

3 hours ago, MichiganCardinal said:

The Lions just claimed Michael Badgley and I need a beer.

I cannot wrap my head around this kicker situation at all. They cut Patterson only to replace him with Badgley, only to cut Badgley and replace him with Patterson, only to be in the market to replace Patterson a second time . . . with Michael Badgley???

37 minutes ago, Shinzaki said:

Damn...I really liked him...

I think the team did too, which is why it’s so curious. It was confirmed to not be injury related, which only leaves locker room problems (unlikely) or a trade on the table that they’re working out the details on and don’t want him hurt before they can finalize it.

The obvious possibilities are Chris Jones (who the Chiefs wouldn’t want to trade to us until after the TNF game) or Mike Evans (who would probably want a contract negotiated before the trade finalized). Maybe Aaron Donald too, though not sure what the holdup would be. I don’t think there would be a drawn out Twitter play by Buggs if it wasn’t a big name that took a while. But I can’t imagine what else would cause this.

22 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

I think the team did too, which is why it’s so curious. It was confirmed to not be injury related, which only leaves locker room problems (unlikely) or a trade on the table that they’re working out the details on and don’t want him hurt before they can finalize it.

The obvious possibilities are Chris Jones (who the Chiefs wouldn’t want to trade to us until after the TNF game) or Mike Evans (who would probably want a contract negotiated before the trade finalized). Maybe Aaron Donald too, though not sure what the holdup would be. I don’t think there would be a drawn out Twitter play by Buggs if it wasn’t a big name that took a while. But I can’t imagine what else would cause this.

We get Jones  or Donald that would be something wouldn’t it.

6 minutes ago, buddha said:

he's probably mad because he's not starting or something like that.  lost a poker game in the locker room and got his nose out of joint.

if he was being traded i doubt he'd be practicing, but you never know.

Gambling in the locker room you say? I’ve got someone named Roger on line two requesting more information.

2 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

Maybe when they told him that *he* assumed he was on the way out, only to find out it they meant something less.

So "not playing" here actually means what? Protected member of the taxi squad for a week?

I haven’t seen the full interview yet, but based on how 97.1 reported it this afternoon, it sounded like he took it as discipline for missing voluntary workouts, which he claims were missed due to the birth of his child. There are probably many factors here, not sure taking to social media with cryptic tweets like this is the way I would suggest he go about handling it though.

Of the 53-man active roster, only 48 can dress for game day. Usually injuries compose the other five, but in week one he’ll just be one of the five healthy scratches.

1 hour ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Have we heard anything this offseason about Josh Paschal and how he's looked? I can recall a significant or meaningful report about Paschal or how he's looked this preseason.

I haven't heard anything either, other than that he's healthy (which is more encouraging than any fluff piece out there could have provided)

Credit to Justin Rogers for Sharing this on Twitter/X...

Levi Onwuzurike opened up about his back injury, his life, and his struggles on and off the field... Really good read, would definitely recommend. I seriously tip my cap to him for even making this team, he's got that grit no doubt about it.

Beyond Levi

A little tidbit that made me face palm...

And there were some funny ways I kept tabs on my progress. These Detroit roads are terrible. All the bumps and whatnot? Terrible. The first month of my rehab post-surgery, I would be driving to the facility and felt every little bump. Tons of pain driving to the facility. In Month 2, it was a little less. In Month 3, there was little-to-no pain. I knew my back was getting better.

Edited by MichiganCardinal

Regarding Buggs:

Considering all the mentions we saw regarding the 53 and how heavily it was titled toward D with what 11 DL? I could see strategy of sitting one DL based on the opponent?  Maybe with KC and Mahomes mobility, Buggs was the "large man out" this week?  Pure speculation.

Edited by KnoxP