Training Camp and Preseason Games

TP_Fan

8 minutes ago, holygoat said:

I think it was the right call. He lost control of the ball just before kicking the pylon, and didn't have control when he kicked it, so it was a fumble forward into the end-zone.

I don’t think I like the super extended reviews generally. I don’t know how long it actually took but it felt like it took forever.

If it takes more than two minutes, cut the official’s feed and let the call on the field stand. If we are evaluating when the ball was bobbled, when the pylon was touched, when the ball was regained, and where the ball was in relation to the goal line, all at the same time, we are doing too much - letting cameras officiate the game. Let’s just play football.

Given the lack of IOL depth on the team (beyond Glasgow), I wonder if the Lions kick the tires here. He’s been a colossal bust to this point, and if he couldn’t make the Bears he probably can’t cut it here, but Mayock and the Raiders weren’t the only ones with a high grade on him. He started at Alabama and won two National Championships.

https://x.com/rapsheet/status/1695937734106312951?s=46&t=nM4aynsjXcVmanGRUm_P_A

[Rapoport reporting through Elon’s terrible site that Alex Leatherwood is being released by the Bears]

11 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

Given the lack of IOL depth on the team (beyond Glasgow), I wonder if the Lions kick the tires here. He’s been a colossal bust to this point, and if he couldn’t make the Bears he probably can’t cut it here, but Mayock and the Raiders weren’t the only ones with a high grade on him. He started at Alabama and won two National Championships.

https://x.com/rapsheet/status/1695937734106312951?s=46&t=nM4aynsjXcVmanGRUm_P_A

[Rapoport reporting through Elon’s terrible site that Alex Leatherwood is being released by the Bears]

no.

the bears are desperate for oline help with multiple interior olineman being injured and they STILL cut leatherwood.

do not bother.

1 hour ago, RandyMarsh said:

I haven't really been paying attention to things the past few weeks but what's the deal with mentioning Houston here? Has he not looked good in camp and preseason and they feel last year is a fluke or something?

i thought he looked good during the games.  they have a lot of defensive ends and might see him as too much of a tweener?  or it could be they think he can fetch good value in a trade and they have the position covered?  they might want to keep julian okwara and trading someone from the group is the only way to do it?

or pff is talking out if their butts.

no idea.