Training Camp and Preseason Games

TP_Fan

43 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Then why even bring him back and why not draft one? They had to know he can't kick a 50 yarder from when he was here before.

Given also that you had Badgley, who was accurate enough in close put didn't have great range... I mean it seems to odd that Badgley was dropped in favors of pretty much the same skill set that you have to use assets to acquire... and now it seems Riley isn't good enough?

As much as Holmes has done a fantastic job in nearly all areas of building this year, kicker is an area he's whiffed on.

1 hour ago, 1984Echoes said:

What is the argument for starting him over those two...?

Because... I don't see how that's even a question.

Levi? He was actually very good in preseason so if that has any merit, there's an argument for him to get starting reps. It's not like the competition at DT is high level. It's likely that he'll just start as a rotational player along with the other two and Benito Jones I guess? Martin doesn't look NFL ready to me, he got swallowed up my guards from what I saw of him in preseason.

Edited by NYLion

I will say one surprising name that I never expected to make the team was former 3rd round bust Ifeatu Melifonwu. I was certain Ife would not make the cut.

Also very surprised they are only carrying two RBs on this team. You'd have to think they are going to pick someone else up as it would be awful risky to knit carry two backs.

20 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

I will say one surprising name that I never expected to make the team was former 3rd round bust Ifeatu Melifonwu. I was certain Ife would not make the cut.

Also very surprised they are only carrying two RBs on this team. You'd have to think they are going to pick someone else up as it would be awful risky to knit carry two backs.

Melifonwu and J Okwara are likely going on IR with Reynolds likely resigned 

This is not the final 53,  No way they go into the season with only 2 RBs.   They are looking to get someone else's cut.    Same thing with New England.  No way they go into the season with only ONE QB.   I'm thinking Colt McCoy is probably headed there.   A team would be smart to take on Bailey Zappe.   

Interesting what the Cardinals are doing at QB.  Joshua Dobbs?    Really?    

Wouldn't be shocked if the Lions also picked up another WR.  Surprised they cut Cota and Drummond. 

9 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

This is not the final 53,  No way they go into the season with only 2 RBs.   They are looking to get someone else's cut.    Same thing with New England.  No way they go into the season with only ONE QB.   I'm thinking Colt McCoy is probably headed there.   A team would be smart to take on Bailey Zappe.   

Interesting what the Cardinals are doing at QB.  Joshua Dobbs?    Really?    

Wouldn't be shocked if the Lions also picked up another WR.  Surprised they cut Cota and Drummond. 

bailey zappe sucks.  that's why he was cut.

why would they keep cota or drummond?  practice squad fodder.  

14 hours ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

.... Also very surprised they are only carrying two RBs on this team. You'd have to think they are going to pick someone else up as it would be awful risky to knit carry two backs.

They'll make a couple more moves: as 4hzglory noted, probably a couple guys to IR.

Any interesting RB's to pick up? The Giants released James Robinson... if he's healthy he was once-upon-a-time a very interesting RB...  And they'll re-sign Craig Reynolds. And they'll find another RB to add to the Practice Squad. 

4 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

...  Surprised they cut Cota and Drummond. 

Practice Squad.

Plus Chase Lucas and Starling Thomas (if all these guys pass waivers that is...), probably Brandon Joseph, Max Pircher and a couple other O-Lineman, Adrian Martinez, and... ?

Just a WAG.

Edited by 1984Echoes