Training Camp and Preseason Games

TP_Fan

11 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

If the ideal eventual starting lineup in the defensive backfield is Sutton-Moseley-CJGJ-Branch-Joseph, I’m not sure it’s fair to criticize current (preseason) scheme based on what has or has not worked in the past. Even with Jerry Jacobs at CB2 to start the season, that’s only one returning corner and one returning safety.

i'm beginning to doubt mosely plays this season.

Looks like no starters again on Friday. So we won’t see them at all this preseason. At this point, if they haven’t played, zero reason to play them for the 3rd game. Just get to week 1 as healthy as possible and get after it. 2 weeks from tomorrow is opening night. 

I think the Lions will be looking to add a player or two after cuts next week. They could be looking at OT, pretty much every one they have now beyond Decker and Sewell is replacement level. 

At WR there are still a few free agents unsigned including Kenny Galaday lol. Julio Jones is another.

And they may look for a fourth DT if they don't think Levi can cut it.

Edited by Stanley70

Chiefs all world DT Chris Jones has said that he is willing to sit out and forfeit game checks through the first 8 games of the season if he doesn't get the extension that he is looking for. I'm sure it will end up being resolved but it sure would be nice to not have to play against him in week 1. 

• Like 1

Interested to see how the organizational philosophy to not play the starters at all in the preseason works out.  I personally like the call but it’s going against what most of the league is doing.  

I expect they come out sharp at KC and it becomes another case of Brad and Dan pressing the right button.   

Edited by Hongbit

54 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

Interested to see how the organizational philosophy to not play the starters at all in the preseason works out.  I personally like the call but it’s going against what most of the league is doing.  

I expect they come out sharp at KC and it becomes another case of Brad and Dan pressing the right button.   

I think it makes sense that two weeks of joint practices would better prepare the starters than two series’ of bad preseason action.

There just isn’t OL depth in this league.  The lions back up line is atrocious.

And patternson misses a 53 yard FG attempt.  Short. The guy has a noodle leg. If your kicker can’t even kick it 50 yards he shouldn’t be your kicker.  Romo might need to be the guy.  

2 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

I hate not having a kicker who can make that kick.

I’m not saying it’s easy, it’s not. But I hate the idea of being faced with a late 4th & 10 on the opposing 40 in the Divisional Round of the playoffs with the score tied and having to either punt or go for it.

Patterson can’t be the guy. Go with romo. If he struggles go find someone else. It’s not reasonable to go with a kicker who has a max distance of 50 yards. Not in todays game. 

1 minute ago, TP_Fan said:

Patterson can’t be the guy. Go with romo. If he struggles go find someone else. It’s not reasonable to go with a kicker who has a max distance of 50 yards. Not in todays game. 

Has Romo gotten a single rep this preseason? I can’t imagine they would go with a guy who has zero live action NFL kicks, but you never know.

If there is another field goal situation today, it will be telling whether they tap Romo to see what he’s got or Patterson to “get back in there”.