07/30/2023 1:40pm EDT Detroit Tigers vs Miami Marlins

casimir

3 minutes ago, AZTigersfan said:

Skubal has no answers in that Hampton AB. could not make a pitch and ultimately served one right down the middle. Pretty disappointing 

He'd lost command of the slider and had been missing glove side all game when he tried the curve,  but I don't know why they took the high FB off the table. Looks like Rogers wouldn't call for it or Skubal wouldn't try to throw it.

Edited by gehringer_2

It's a tie game, potential for extra innings, and we just wasted a backup infielder on an unsuccessful platoon pinch hitting appearance.  Remember his post-game excuse when he sent up Haase instead of Cabrera?  "I didnt have an infielder", a self inflicted wound after wasting Ibanez as a pinch hitter.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Tigermojo said:

Berti cheater

Watched it again—Berti looked back to see where Short was, and he use his arms to help trip up Short!

I guess it ain't cheatin' if you don't get caught, but, just ... wow. I've never seen anything similar before.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Oh my god, Berti did a Reggie Jackson to Zach Short by lunging back into him during the rundown, and he got away with it!

Garbage call, but it was also a poor play by Rogers to attempt the backhand.  

The wheels are coming off the season just about the same time as last season.

Just now, Toddwert said:

Anyone else think if the Tigers were more competitive Miggys  stats would have been a lot better that last 5 seasons …. He seems like the type of player that feeds off the energy of the fans

I don't think so wrt last year anyway - he was just in too bad a condidtion most of last season. This season it looks like he has just adapted by forgetting about hitting for power and using a set up that does not re-aggravate it all the time.