09/30/2023 1:10 pm EDT Cleveland Guardians vs Detroit Tigers

casimir

I have a good wife. We went last night and are going tomorrow. This morning around 10 she says “you should find a ticket”. So I did.  $25 in the last row in RF.  Definitely a playoff level crowd today. But with that you get people who don’t know what they are doing. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Toddwert said:

d'oh I didnt know they were doing a pregame ceremony today for Miggy

I like that they had Rodriguez give a speech in Spanish.  I have no idea what was said.  But I think it was a fine gesture to Cabrera, his family & friends, and those in attendance and watching the game.

I think Cabrera’s mother threw a better ceremonial first pitch than his father.  I think I recall reading his mother had played some sort of organized softball/baseball.  She really had the throwing form to prove it.

10 minutes ago, casimir said:

I like that they had Rodriguez give a speech in Spanish.  I have no idea what was said.  But I think it was a fine gesture to Cabrera, his family & friends, and those in attendance and watching the game.

I think Cabrera’s mother threw a better ceremonial first pitch than his father.  I think I recall reading his mother had played some sort of organized softball/baseball.  She really had the throwing form to prove it.

Yes, Miguel's mother was a ball player.