23-24 Prospects Thread

Note for the future:

It's only two games, but Cossa has a .947 save %.

If he's the real deal... then he could very well be the superstar type that elevates this team above most others, and gives the Wings a serious shot at a Stanley Cup. I know it's too early on Cossa... but just thinking out loud.

Add some up and coming defenseman, and a nice looking Centerman (Danielson), and some other complimentary players and, while we may not have the superstar(s) that other upper echelon teams have, I think we can be just as good... Especially if Cossa turns into something special.

2 hours ago, 1984Echoes said:

Note for the future:

If he's the real deal... then he could very well be the superstar type that elevates this team above most others, and gives the Wings a serious shot at a Stanley Cup. I know it's too early on Cossa... but just thinking out loud.

Add some up and coming defenseman, and a nice looking Centerman (Danielson), and some other complimentary players and, while we may not have the superstar(s) that other upper echelon teams have, I think we can be just as good... Especially if Cossa turns into something special.

It is not lost on Yzerman that Vegas, Seattle and Florida had more playoff success last year than superstar-heavy Toronto and Edmonton. 

It is nice to see Cossa settling in a bit at the AHL level, hopefully he keeps it up.  Right now he's fifth in the league in save percentage and the four ahead of him are all older than him (though only one is a true vet we've seen in the NHL).  Wallstedt is 28th in the league in save percentage but him and Cossa have only played two games.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, 1984Echoes said:

Note for the future:

pre-season got me really excited about danielson.  i honestly think he could have made the team out of training camp, that's how good he looked.

if he puts on some weight i think he really could be the next jonathan toews.

i feel like 84 lives with optimism.