23-24 Prospects Thread

5 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

I think the Wings are going to try like hell to hold onto their RH'ed D-prospects.

They'll trade from the Left side if it comes to that... IMO.

Maybe it's just a weird thing with the Wings but it seem RH shots keep getting harder to find.

2 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

Maybe it's just a weird thing with the Wings but it seem RH shots keep getting harder to find.

Well...

Tuomisto seemed to mature slowly but he's now in Grand Rapids and looking decent I believe, if not yet ready for the NHL...

They've got Seider.

And just drafted Pellikka, who looks beyond dynamic... And in the same draft they added another depth guy in 2nd rounder Andrew Gibson (RH'd D).

And Anton Johansson RHD in the 4th round 2022...

So they've got some guys on the right side but mostly we don't know how they're going to turn out, or how long it takes, aside from Seider.

It wouldn't bother me if Stevie is able to hunt for a defenseman or two at the deadline... I'll take one from each side thank you very much.

On 1/6/2024 at 2:19 PM, 1984Echoes said:

As for signing, why would he NOT sign with the Wings SFK?

He may think he has a better shot elsewhere or he may not enjoy it in the Wings' system or want to play in Detroit for whatever reason.  He might see all the other lefty D in the Wings' pipeline and see it as an uphill climb.  The Wings have lost a couple prospects recently this way.

On 1/6/2024 at 5:58 PM, buddha said:

petry will get nothing much, if anything.  

gostisbehere and perron will get you something decent.  maybe not a first round pick, but close.

Kenny traded a first for Kyle Quincey, so never say never to a first for Gostisbehere haha. In all seriousness, I think there is an outside change that a desperate team could trade their late first for Perron.

I've been kinda down on the Dylan James pick, you don't see him doing much in college and I haven't really heard anything about him after being a second round pick.  But after reading some scouting reports from people who have watched UND apparently he is a really good PKer and forechecker with great speed.  So it sounds like there is something to work with there at least.  Hopefully we get some skilled guys coming out of these picks but you can't be mad getting any NHL work out of them.

Seemed like Edvinsson was trying to let the little guy chill but when he didn't Simon had had enough, pretty hilarious.  Apparently his dad is a cop and Simon trains mma off ice.  Showed off good balance there!

Griffins were down big early and pulled Hutchinson in that game, Cossa came in and saved the day!  The Griffins were wearing Flying Toasters jerseys:

spacer.png

Cossa has a:

.902 save percentage pre-Christmas and a

.934 save percentage post Christmas.

Small sample size and all. But the Griffins coaches I believe have stated he is playing better of late... moving better. Let's see how long he can keep that up. Maybe he's our starter on the Wings in 2024-25.

If so... what do we do with Husso?

11 minutes ago, slothfacekilla said:

I'm guessing next year's tandem will be Lyon and Husso

I would say so at the start of the season... or at least I would have a month ago.

If Cossa is coming on... I'm not so sure about that.

I don't know what Yzerman will do.

18 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

I would say so at the start of the season... or at least I would have a month ago.

If Cossa is coming on... I'm not so sure about that.

I don't know what Yzerman will do.

In my amateur opinion I can't see them bringing Cossa to the NHL until he has the starting gig in the AHL for a half season or more.  But stranger things have happened, I'm just guessing he'll be the full time AHL starter next season before getting some NHL action the following season.  A lot of it hinges on how he finishes the rest of this season I guess.