23-24 Prospects Thread

1 hour ago, 1984Echoes said:

Augustine got rocked by UM and loses 5-2.

UM will be in the Frozen Four.

5 goals, eh? He'll fit right in!

Michigan's last title was the spring of 1998. Have played in 8 Frozen Fours since then but eliminated in the semis 7 of those times. 

24 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

5 goals, eh? He'll fit right in!

Michigan's last title was the spring of 1998. Have played in 8 Frozen Fours since then but eliminated in the semis 7 of those times. 

1 hour ago, 1984Echoes said:

Augustine got rocked by UM and loses 5-2.

UM will be in the Frozen Four.

He actually played really well. Maybe one goal that he’d like to have back but MSU struggled in front of him tonight.  He made a bunch of big saves on prime scoring chances. It easily could’ve been 7 or 8 goals.  

32 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

He actually played really well. Maybe one goal that he’d like to have back but MSU struggled in front of him tonight.  He made a bunch of big saves on prime scoring chances. It easily could’ve been 7 or 8 goals.  

I don't get ESPNU and the only coverage in Canada was on TSN+, some add-on I don't get. I was watching ESPNU via YouTube no problem until 5 minutes into the 3rd when they pulled the plug. I did see some highlights from the other regional finals. Quinnipiac was eliminated on an OT howler.

Edited by lordstanley

Everyone's favorite prospect whipping boy Brady Cleveland is entering the transfer protocol after his freshman season at Wisconsin.  Brady was recruited by Granato so not too surprising that after the new coach brought in his own guys Cleveland was on the outside looking in.  Hopefully he goes somewhere with a lot of ice time available.

The other 2nd rd dman...Gibson ..has had a great year. Won't turn 20 until after Jan 2025...so he's locked into jr next year. Unless he somehow makes the Wings

That Leddy trade looks better all the time.  

21 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

Move Husso.

Go with Cossa & Lyon.

Hard not to be excited about what Cossa is doing, but it has to be tempered with the knowledge that it's not that unusual for less than great goalies to play great in stretches, but then revert. We hope this is all real, but and if he stays strong right to the end of the Griffin's season,  I don't know how you don't plan on him breaking camp with the Wings next season.

29 minutes ago, buddha said:

move husso to whom?

San Jose Sharks.

Kahkonen is a UFA in 2024. They're more than $15 mill under the Cap Floor for 2024-25 so they'll be looking to absorb some contracts to gain draft picks or pick swaps, and just to get to the floor. Husso is a great comeback lottery ticket for them, he's better than what he's shown in Detroit, and they have no picks between 33 and 86. So offer Husso and #48 for #86.

They might ask for our 1st rounder instead swapping #33 for #16-ish... But I think they'd take the 3rd for 2nd rounder pick swap. However... if they made another swap prior to ours, picking up some other contract, and it was an early-to-mid 20's pick they swapped for our 1st rounder... I think I'd be OK with that too.

Personally I would rather just sit on Husso for a season in some way rather than give up decent assets just to get rid of him.  He can't even stay healthy so chances are you can just stick him on the IR at some point.  He also has a 10 team no trade list.  If they are really itching to bring Cossa up (which I would be shocked about) might as well just buy him out:

spacer.png

I thought he had two or three more years on his contract...

That buyout actually looks attractive. 

And we could wait right until before the season just to make certain Cossa can earn at least the #2 goalie spot to start the season, or that we don't have an injury that opens up a spot anyways...

I don't know why I thought his contract was longer than that...

• Like 1

On 4/6/2024 at 12:12 PM, 1984Echoes said:

Move Husso.

Go with Cossa & Lyon.

Kids aren't the answer, this is a men's league. Oh wait, wrong GM. I too would like to go with Cossa to start next season. Even if we hang onto Husso and his cap hit, his play when he's actually been on the ice doesn't exactly warrant him getting more opportunities than Cossa at this point. I think it is time to give Cossa big league minutes and see what we really have in him. Well, as long as he isn't asked to have Petry and Chairot be his primary defensive defenseman.

7 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Kids aren't the answer, this is a men's league. Oh wait, wrong GM. I too would like to go with Cossa ... as long as he isn't asked to have Petry and Chairot be his primary defensive defenseman.

Which means even more kids, like Tuomisto & Wallinder...

😉