23-24 Prospects Thread

Cossa statistical oddity...this is the third straight year he's posted a .913 save percentage.

Too bad about the prospect tournament...that and the red/white scrimmage after the draft are part of my summer hockey fix on youtube

• 2 weeks later...

Nate is on another level right now, no surprise moving to a better team made his points explode but he's leading the team too.  I think he's tied for 3rd for WHL playoff points overall right now too.  For a guy that plays a complete game this is great to see.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, slothfacekilla said:

Nate is on another level right now, no surprise moving to a better team made his points explode but he's leading the team too.  I think he's tied for 3rd for WHL playoff points overall right now too.  For a guy that plays a complete game this is great to see.

jonathan toews.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, slothfacekilla said:

It would be so great if he comes to camp next year and wins a job. 

47 minutes ago, slothfacekilla said:

I'm expecting it honestly

theyre going to have to make some deals or eat some money to get all the kids up next year.

berggren and johannson are out of options.  mazur and kasper are chomping at the bit.  danielson looks amazing.

who are your lines?

debrincat-larkin-raymond

blank-compher-blank

fabbri-copp-rasmussen

blank-blank-blank

that's taking out kane, perron, fischer, sprong, and veleno because theyre all free agents.  i dont know if you want that many rookies.  it looks like they want perron back, maybe on kane, yes on fischer, and maybe on veleno, no on sprong.

defense:

walman-seider

edvinsson-chairot

petry-maata

johannson

that's with ghost being a free agent.

goal:

husso/lyon

i'm thinking that cutting husso or ltir may be his destiny.  he's hurt an awful lot.

I'm trading Berggren, putting Danielson either on wing or center on line 3 personally.  Don't re-sign Kane, don't re-sign Veleno, give Perron a 1 year deal.  I would be fine giving Fischer a 1 year deal.  For Kasper, I wouldn't mind trying him as 1C in Grand Rapids to start the season and see how he does.  Him and Mazur can come up for a taste during the season and if they play well find a way to keep them.

I wouldn't mind a Husso buyout too, not sure where they go with Lyon's partner but it frees up some cash.

i thought danielson stood out in the preseason games LAST year.  like some here, i almost expect him to make the team out of camp next year.  and if not, he'll be up sometime in the season.

then again, they made edvinsson wait all year when he was a clear upgrade on what they had.

i forgot about justin holl on defense, lol.  easy to forget him.  

54 minutes ago, buddha said:

i thought danielson stood out in the preseason games LAST year.  like some here, i almost expect him to make the team out of camp next year.  and if not, he'll be up sometime in the season.

then again, they made edvinsson wait all year when he was a clear upgrade on what they had.

i forgot about justin holl on defense, lol.  easy to forget him.  

If Lalonde's comments at the end of the season are any indication then he would probably want Danielson up on the main roster. Lalonde's comments indicated he wanted to give more kids a chance. It would be something to see all of Edvinsson, Mazuer, Wallinder, and Danielson all up on the main roster early on in the season next year.

47 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

If Lalonde's comments at the end of the season are any indication then he would probably want Danielson up on the main roster. Lalonde's comments indicated he wanted to give more kids a chance. It would be something to see all of Edvinsson, Mazuer, Wallinder, and Danielson all up on the main roster early on in the season next year.

the wings could use the cap space to chase a difference maker.

or deal some prospects for a star.

1 hour ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

He knows his seat is already warm with the vets and will only get hotter, even though this season was their ceiling. 

4 hours ago, buddha said:

I hope that thought has crossed SY's mind. He keeps his real thinking so well hidden you can't take very much from what he actually says. To listen to the post season interview you'd think he want to bring every back and he loves all the current players. We know that's smoke, and that's about all we do know.

13 hours ago, buddha said:

or deal some prospects for a star.

I don't know that there is a "star" out there to be had this offseason. In previous offseasons you had the likes of Johnny G and Matthew Tkachuk out there and few seemed to have the appetite to pay what it costs to get one of those players. Maybe Toronto gives up one of their big three, but beyond that, whose else would really be on the trade block for us to even look at?

46 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

I don't know that there is a "star" out there to be had this offseason. In previous offseasons you had the likes of Johnny G and Matthew Tkachuk out there and few seemed to have the appetite to pay what it costs to get one of those players. Maybe Toronto gives up one of their big three, but beyond that, whose else would really be on the trade block for us to even look at?

one of toronto's big three if they lose game 7 in boston.

winnipeg may be willing to trade a player to get off some salary.

sign guentzel?