11/05/2023 3:00 EDT Phoenix Suns vs Detroit Pistons

Tigeraholic1

Is it odd that someone who made all rookie last season is struggling to get off the bench and no media types are really asking why?

We assume it is related to defense. But has Williams ever specifically said that? Has a talking head ever directly asked him why Ivey has turned into an 20 minute a night player?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Is it odd that someone who made all rookie last season is struggling to get off the bench and no media types are really asking why?

We assume it is related to defense. But has Williams ever specifically said that? Has a talking head ever directly asked him why Ivey has turned into an 20 minute a night player?

of course part of the reason he wasn't a 20 minute player last season is because Cade was out. I could also believe they may be giving Hayes more time than he deserves explicitly because it's his last chance before they cut bait on him.

48 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

of course part of the reason he wasn't a 20 minute player last season is because Cade was out. I could also believe they may be giving Hayes more time than he deserves explicitly because it's his last chance before they cut bait on him.

As if being one of the most inefficient players in the NBA his first 3 seasons wasn't enough and somehow he's become even more inefficient this season which should be no surprise since he's playing against starters now. What's Monty thinking? This shouldn't even be an experiment, it's not like he's THAT good defensively like Ausar for instance.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Whatever the case like Del said you'd think one of our crack journalists or beat writers would ask Monty about it but apparently they haven't. 

when has anyone on the pistons beat questioned weaver?  or casey for that matter?  monty just got here but he should be called out too.

its all about "wait, these guys are kids and rebuilds take a long time."  and theyre right to an extent, but it gets a little tiring to see weaver NEVER questioned at all.  they all just buy the company line.

i assume its so they can have access.

Minutes aren’t gifted unless you’re a third year underperforming player shooting 27%. 

Also, no. He hasn’t limited Cade’s minutes. He’s looked completely gassed in the 4th quarter of the last couple games due to too many minutes down the stretch trying to make everything happen on his own. Only game with limited minutes was the one where he fouled out. 

you almost got me to commit to buying the league pass after those first three games, but i waited you out pistons!  lol.

we have to wait and see them when theyre healthy but man, this is depressing.  two nights in a row the other team thought so little of detroit that it rested two of its best players and they STILL blew out the pistons.

was ivey injured?

We obviously don't know what the development of Ausar will look like but for this year at least, him and Stewart is not a good forward situation for us.  We really need Bogey back and starting next to Ausar.  Ausar can guard the other teams best forward and Bogey will help make up for what Ausar lacks in his game right now.  

I know Cade does most of the ball handling but Sasser does not have a turnover his last three games, which encompasses 76 minutes of basketball.  That feels impressive to me for a guard. 

Edited by Hart
  • Like 1