December 2023 Games

lordstanley

56 minutes ago, Shinzaki said:

Beyond our top three...D is suspect. Noah Hanifan is on the block...might look nice on the back end.  Don't think there's an upgrade available in goal

Both of those are going to be upgraded by kids already at Grand Rapids.

Even if that takes a bit of time (and seasoning...).

7 minutes ago, Shinzaki said:

They just called up Edvinsson...A guy like Hanifan would give us an improved shot at the playdowns...and he's still pretty young.

An upgrade in goal is even more of an immediate need...that issue could keep us out of the playdowns

Getting close to DefCon  on the net minding.

They just moved Lyon to IR but retroactive to the 16th. Even though he could still be back almost at any time they probably don't clear the roster sport for less then a couple games.

42 minutes ago, Shinzaki said:

They just called up Edvinsson... A guy like Hanifan would give us an improved shot ...

I could see Chiarot and Maatta losing their roster spots but...

1) What does it cost to get Hanifan?

2) and... how do you get Chiarot off the roster?

3) If not Chiarot, then Holl? Then: who plays off-hand with only 2 right shot D'men if Holl goes out the door...?

PS: I don't think the team goes after Hanifan, IMO.

If they go after someone, it's a bigger 2-way power forward so...

I'm looking more at Elias Lindholm than Hanifan. In fact... that's the guy I want. I think a forward like Lindholm improves our defense (over what we've got: Veleno or Berggren probably lose their spot) more than Hanifan improves our D (over what we've got... I mean, Hanifan is definitely an improvement over Maata/ Chiarot/ Holl, whoever loses out, but I think the difference is smaller here than in the forward group).

22 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

I could see Chiarot and Maatta losing their roster spots but...

1) What does it cost to get Hanifan?

2) and... how do you get Chiarot off the roster?

3) If not Chiarot, then Holl? Then: who plays off-hand with only 2 right shot D'men if Holl goes out the door...?

I was as vocal as anyone about Holland doing a poor job of finding RH shots to balance the team, but yeah - there is a limit to how much poor play rope a RH stick can buy you. For me Holl has had some games past that limit.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

PS: I don't think the team goes after Hanifan, IMO.

If they go after someone, it's a bigger 2-way power forward so...

I'm looking more at Elias Lindholm than Hanifan. In fact... that's the guy I want. I think a forward like Lindholm improves our defense (over what we've got: Veleno or Berggren probably lose their spot) more than Hanifan improves our D (over what we've got... I mean, Hanifan is definitely an improvement over Maata/ Chiarot/ Holl, whoever loses out, but I think the difference is smaller here than in the forward group).

I think they're good at forward...shoring up the D beyond Seider/Walman/Ghost is a bigger priority.  Goalie is the biggest priority

Edited by Shinzaki

2-1 at the end of 2. Should be at least 3-1. Reimer has had to stop multiple wide open breakaways. And through two coaching regimes and a ton of players that have come and gone, and it remains true that the Wings are consistently terrible in the last minute of play of a period. 

Edited by gehringer_2