December 2023 Games

lordstanley

12 hours ago, oblong said:

I was at the game. When the wings scored goals 2-4 they weren’t even done announcing them when SJ scored their 3rd goal.  

Exciting at least. Have you been to any Pistons game this season? Must feel like two different arenas with the opposite trajectories of the home teams. I was listening on the NHL app on my phone in the grocery store, so a bit delayed, the 3rd Wings goal was being reviewed, yet the app's scoreboard was already showing 4-0. 30 seconds after my radio caught up to 4-0, I got a text from my uncle saying 4-3!!!

6 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

Exciting at least. Have you been to any Pistons game this season? Must feel like two different arenas with the opposite trajectories of the home teams. I was listening on the NHL app on my phone in the grocery store, so a bit delayed, the 3rd Wings goal was being reviewed, yet the app's scoreboard was already showing 4-0. 30 seconds after my radio caught up to 4-0, I got a text from my uncle saying 4-3!!!

I have been to 2 Pistons games and yes, it's an entirely different atmosphere, unless it's all about the other team.  This is my first wings game this season.  Man, I hope my connection doesn't retire soon like he says.  It spoils the hell out of me having access to his company's suite.  It's not fancy in terms of food/drink but I dont care.  Being able to sit comfortably with a bathroom a few feet away.... that will be hard to give up.   I'm trying not to get too used to it but I've been blessed to go to 4-5 games a year there since it opened. Right inside the blue line.

28 minutes ago, oblong said:

I have been to 2 Pistons games and yes, it's an entirely different atmosphere, unless it's all about the other team.  This is my first wings game this season.  Man, I hope my connection doesn't retire soon like he says.  It spoils the hell out of me having access to his company's suite.  It's not fancy in terms of food/drink but I dont care.  Being able to sit comfortably with a bathroom a few feet away.... that will be hard to give up.   I'm trying not to get too used to it but I've been blessed to go to 4-5 games a year there since it opened. Right inside the blue line.

A business contact of mine used to have season tickets here in Vancouver 5 rows up in the upper bowl, on the aisle, right at centre ice, about 5 ft from the ramp into the concourse. Perfect! He said when he’d give them away to clients, now and then  he sensed some disappointment when they found out they weren’t in the lower bowl. 

2 minutes ago, Toddwert said:

wow weird Larkin just collapses on the ice but hes up now and skated off with help

I guess he took a couple of gloves to the neck, maybe the knob of the stick in one of them. But he went down like a ragdog. i saw him on the ice facedown and before the replay I thought he had had a heart attack or something.